Appearance & Detailing - Best sealant/wax for new red paint??

SMKN TA 95
09-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Due to an accident where an old man hit my car, I will be getting most of the car repainted. About 75% of the car will be repainted, wet-sanded and buffed. I used to use Zaino, but since I will have fresh bright red paint, I would like to switch to something else after the paint is cured for 30 days. What are you guy's opinions on what I should switch to? I have been looking at Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Blackfire etc etc. Any help would be appreciated.

PendragonZ
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
May as well use what you like. I'm going to recommend NXT, but that's because I have a red car and it looks sick with NXT. Someone else will have a car that looks sick and uses Zaino. Someone else will have product X and product Y, and they will look good as well.

Find what you like, and use it :)

ZaneO
09-20-2004, 01:03 PM
I really like Wolfgang on my red car. Just get the sealant, not the pre-wax. A better base would be Klasse AIO.

Everything is personal preference. Just make sure you do your prep work.

NoFear95
09-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I did NXT with Wolfgang over it and it looks unreal. Brian you can check out my car hopefully Sunday.

JackZ28
09-21-2004, 03:24 AM
I prefer Zaino, but I will refrain from posting pics, because certain people think I'm trying to use the post for my own benefit.

Also, I prefer Zaino, because I can wash the car a million times, and the shine is there after each and every time. :D

SMKN TA 95
09-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Well I currently use Zaino on my car, but I figured if I was gonna change to comething different, now would be the time. I have had several other people recomend Blackfire, Pinnacle Souveran and Wolfgang. With having new paint(4 coats of clear on the hood and numper cover), I want something that will add depth and create a brilliant shine. Zaino gives it a good shine, but I was wondering if there is anything that will be deeper than that. Anyone else care to recomend anything?

6']['9
09-21-2004, 08:01 AM
well w/ the car being freshly painted even after 30 days its gonna look good either way. Pinnacle sounveran is a liquid/paste wax i dont think they make sealants. You can go w/ any of these suggestions
NXT, Meguiars 20, BlackFire, WolfGang, 4* UPP, Poorboys EX, EX-P, Zaino, Rejex, TropiCare, & as far as depth goes you could go this route
All In One Cleaner Polish, Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, EX-P/Carnuba Moose. A sealant wont really add depth ususally a liquid carnuba wax will or a glaze will add depth so you ? is kinda off. If you looking for a sealant only then you can choose from a buch of different products like listed above but for a deep/wet look you could try something like i suggested.

SMKN TA 95
09-21-2004, 08:03 AM
I am new to this sealant/wax/polish thing. But I do want that deep/wet look. Thats what I am after anyway. What about that liquid pinnacle souveran? I was reading that it works pretty damn good. Alot of people that I know also use Wolfgang. Too damn many choices.

6']['9
09-21-2004, 08:08 AM
i hear it doesnt last too long but you can give it a try
go here & read up on what it is you looking for www.autopia.org

PendragonZ
09-21-2004, 09:32 AM
I get an excellent, deep-wet look from NXT.

ZaneO
09-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Wolfgang has a similar appearance to Liquid Souveran but lasts much longer.

00TAProject
09-27-2004, 12:26 PM
I have seen Mcquire's used on ESPN on one of there shows....It's a three stage wax, polish and sealant....They used is on a hood the came out of the paint shop, and also on one of the guys Explorer. The shine that it brought out on BOTH hoods was awesome....Need a 1600 rpm electric buffer, that's what they used along with the kit....You guys know more about that stuff than I, just tellin ya what I saw(But can't always beleive what ya see on TV)

Personal preference, and trial and error I guess is all it's takes...LOL..

Kevin V 2002 SS
09-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Zaino's protection and durability is what I'd want on new paint.

NoFear95
09-30-2004, 07:24 PM
protection and durability.

He is looking for neither. Just the best "look" he can get.

SMKN TA 95
09-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks so far guys

I am looking for the best look I can get for the paint. I dont care about durability as I wax this car once every 2 weeks or so and spray wax it inbetweeen. Protection is nice, but the car is only driven on the weekends and when its not driven its stored in a storage unit with a car cover over it. Right now I am kinda leanin towards the Pinnacle products---namely the Liquid Souveran. Right now its between that an Wolfgang or Blackfire. DOnt know yet.

67SS&99SS
10-04-2004, 07:27 PM
NXT!!!!!!! http://people.clemson.edu/~jaander/Images/DSC02595.JPG :D

ZaneO
10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
If you want the best look without worrying about cost or durability, I would suggest Klasse AIO topped with Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax.

SMKN TA 95
10-04-2004, 10:20 PM
If you want the best look without worrying about cost or durability, I would suggest Klasse AIO topped with Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax.

Thats kinda what I was thinkin about doing anyway. Nice to see someone bring up the same stuff I was wanting to use.

ZaneO
10-04-2004, 11:13 PM
I am currently trying Liquid Souveran on my red Z , and it's great, but I have heard that it doesn't even compare to Souveran paste. One of these days, I'll pony up the dough for it.

AIO/Souveran is supposed to be one of the most incredible combinations for black or red (of course with the proper prep work).

JackZ28
10-05-2004, 07:53 AM
How much is that AIO/Souveran combo??? Is that something you can get at your local auto shop, or do you have to order it online?

ZaneO
10-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Every once in a while, you can find Klasse somewhere (like Germany ;)) The smallest bottle of AIO is 10oz. for $15. Pinnacle Souveran is $60, but should last a long time.

www.autogeek.net - they run 10% & 15% sales all the time.

MyLilWS6
10-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Ive tryed almost every wax/polish on my red T/A and my favorite combo has to be Klasse's All in One, Klasse Sealent Glaze, topped with P21, which is a pure carnuba paste. Never had the paint look so "wet" and deep looking. Shine is amazing. The P21 is what really gives it the slick, wet look. Great combo, give it a try!