Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH400 Cooler Line Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TH400 Cooler Line Pressure?

Okay, gonna sound rigged up, but this is the way my cooler lines were done originally.

hose barb in the case itself and a piece of 3/8 fuel/emissions hose about 3-4 inches long... the hose was slipped over the stock lines and a hose clamp on each end. it was done like this by the previous owner of the tranny for his setup as well.

WELL, my car started leaking bad...got under it and checked.....pin hole leak in the lower line...in the hose section. i am assuming to much pressure for this hose. typical fuel/emissions hose is good for 50 psi i believe.

so, what would be the cooler line pressure for the outward and return lines?

this is also a built TH400 tranny....dont' know if that would make a difference....it is a Coan Racing competition model.

HELP!
Old 09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 09-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Launching!

I have a coan comp th-350 in my car and had used the stock hose clamps on the trans lines up front(the stupid squeze them with pliers and let go). After driving the car for about 50 miles the line shot apart. That line has been hooked up like that with the stock trans and no problems, but as soon as I put the th-350 in it blew apart. I did use hose intended for trans line though, so the lines were fine.

Quick Reply: TH400 Cooler Line Pressure?