Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody know about the Window regulator Rivets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Anybody know about the Window regulator Rivets?

Hi guys, I was changing my power window motor last Thursday night and was a little too over zealous to start drilling rivets. I drilled out the four big rivets on the door that hold the regulator in place. After a good session of cursing, I drilled out the rivets for the power window motor itself and replaced by putting the screws in for the new motor. I still have to replace the rivets for the regulator, but these mothers are huge rivets. My rivet gun isn't big enough for them and Home Depot didn't even have one to fit the rivets. Has anybody used nuts and bolts to hold the regulator in place b4? Or, do I have to get a gun to put the rivets back in. I have the new rivets, but I'm not sure what size they are. I was checking this gun out on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35625 If anybody knows what size the rivets are and think this gun will work, please let me know. Also, please let me know if I could just use nuts and bolts. Thanks a lot in advance guys. My alarm install is awaiting for this fiasco to end.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Launching!

The rivets are 1/4 and that gun will work. Never tried the nut and bolt way didnt look like there would be room for them.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

I did the same before researching on the easy way to install window motors. The first time i replaced one of my window motors i just jumped right in and started drilling out rivets lol. It ended up taking 4-5 hours for the install along with a lot of cuts from the fiberglass. The regulator is definately a biatch. lol I found some nuts and bolts w/small lock washers that would fit for the regulator, but you can only get 3 on and for the other one, well there is just now way to do it, you have to have it riveted back on. I went to a local shop (or body shop) and asked if they had a rivet gun and of course they did, much bigger than what i have at home and i was good to go. Of course afterwards i researched and found the easy to do it. All you really have to do is line up the 3 rivets on the actual window motor and drill small holes in the fiberglass door panel to access them. Since then i have installed a few in less than 45 minutes total. Good Luck man!

Last edited by BadBlackZ; 09-21-2004 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Don't feel like such an *** now haha

Quick Reply: Anybody know about the Window regulator Rivets?