Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need an exorsist.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i need an exorsist.

hey guys my car has stoped talking to me. the rpms which was my last acurate way of telling how fast i was going for the last month or so has now stoped working, along with the water temp gage, along with the gas gage, and the speedometer hasn't been working for like a month. Is like all of a suden all my gages when loco man, i did put an underdrive pulley on it like 3 month ago or so. o and my dash board looks like a christmas tree, ligths on and off all over the place. any ideas on what this might be, and please leave out the obbious like fusses.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

anybody???
Old 09-21-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... what year car is it? what type of car is it?

If the gauges went out independent of eachother sounds like either you're VERY low voltage, or the gauge cluster got zapped (or is on its way out) ... since the gauge fuse in the car is ok, and the Gauge Cluster receives multiple feeds from the PCM (not just 1 wire) sounds like the gauge cluster is going out...
Old 09-21-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

o crap, well the car is a 2000 t/a the voltage seems fine unless the gauge is giving me false readings, so far the only gauges that work, and i don't know how well are the volt meter and the oil presure, but hey all the rest have gone loco so i don't know how reliable those might be. i took care of the gages fuse in the dashboard but that din't fix it. my next step is to look under the hood at the relays and a coupel other fuses.

so where would i find the gauge cluser is it on the driver side where the horn relay is or on the passeger side by the ecm, or what ever that wire bundle is right next to the fire wall and the passeger side wheel well.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only guage fuse that I know of is in the dash panel by the driver door.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

It could also be a bad Body Control Module... I've seen them get wet and do the things that you are describing in a Suburban.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

i don't know if this would help but my horn works when it wants to wich is like once a month or something and my volt meeter is ussually above the half way point but not reaching the red .