Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone that has installed MAC LS1 Header, I need help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone that has installed MAC LS1 Header, I need help?

I am actually removing MAC Headers from my 02 Camaro. I can not get either side out. I remember when I installed them that I put one in from the bottom and the other from the top, but I can not remember which side was which. I remember that I had to jack up the engine, did not have to remove the engine mount, just a hair to get one side in, but can not remember which side. If anyone has any ideas or suggetions I would appreciate the help. If you have any links to install documents that would be great also. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To install mine, I jacked up the car and I think put the front wheels on about 10" of blocks. The driver side went in super easy from the bottom, without removing anything. The passenger side went in from the top, but it was a very tight squeeze. I should have jacked up the motor a tiny bit to make it easier, but I just forced it in instead.

Hope this helps, good luck!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:44 AM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed both of mine through the top. It took some wiggling but they dropped in. The cam was being installed so the valve covers were off. This gave a lil more room and made it easier.