Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find ORY for stock manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to find ORY for stock manifold

I am planning on running the Loudmouth catback system, but stock manifold since I've heard so many bad stories of rasp coming from the Loudmouth once LT's are thrown on, so I decided i'm just going to throw it on an ORY. I am new to LS1s and I can only seem to find ORYs that bolt to certain brands of headers. I checked on the slp site and couldnt find anything. Can anyone tell me who sells ORYs for stock manifolds. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Launching!

I dont know of any, but had a custom 3" ORY with dual cut outs made for around $300 and this was off of the stock exhaust manifolds.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98redcavz24
I am planning on running the Loudmouth catback system, but stock manifold since I've heard so many bad stories of rasp coming from the Loudmouth once LT's are thrown on, so I decided i'm just going to throw it on an ORY. I am new to LS1s and I can only seem to find ORYs that bolt to certain brands of headers. I checked on the slp site and couldnt find anything. Can anyone tell me who sells ORYs for stock manifolds. Thanks a lot.
Ok.. let me get this straight. You're going to add an ORY to a catback that read has a lot of rasp when run with an ORY.

If you're running stock manifolds, keep the cats and you'll love the Loudmouth. It really sounds good on a stock exhaust.

If you're planning on running LTs in the future, pass on the Loudmouth and get a different exhaust.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:38 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 98redcavz24
I am planning on running the Loudmouth catback system, but stock manifold since I've heard so many bad stories of rasp coming from the Loudmouth once LT's are thrown on
Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Ok.. let me get this straight. You're going to add an ORY to a catback that read has a lot of rasp when run with an ORY.
If you're running stock manifolds, keep the cats and you'll love the Loudmouth. It really sounds good on a stock exhaust.
If you're planning on running LTs in the future, pass on the Loudmouth and get a different exhaust.
Exactly. The rasp doesn't necessarily come just from the 'LTs with Loudmouth' combo, it comes mostly from not having cats or at least not having mufflers/bullets in there somewhere. If doing an ORY (with or without LTs) you should maybe go with an exhaust OTHER than the Loudmouth IMO, something with a good flowing muffler.

I know Mac made an ORY that bolted up to stock manifolds but was for '98s/'99s only and Bassani (or was it Random Tech?) also made one.
Check with the sponsors over there. --->
Old 09-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Launching!

the only one I could find was from MAC, our sponsor "FastToys" sells them.