Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why does the SLP Loudmouth exhaust sound so grunty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 01:44 AM
SXS
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does the SLP Loudmouth exhaust sound so grunty?

I'm just wandering, I've heard many exhaust sound samples, but the one that throws me off my seat is the SLP Loudmouth - its the dogs undercarriage!!!!

How the hell does it produce that sound?

If its just a particular section that makes the sound, can I get that section from somewhere and integrate it into my new Vortex setup I'm building.... ???
Old 09-24-2004, 01:46 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like that due to the lack of a muffler. It's a small resonator. A Dynomax Bullet style muffler may give you a similar sound.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the loudmouth aint much more than straight pipes. the "resonator" doesnt seem to be anything other than an enlarged peice of pipe around the original section. im not bashing it by any means. i loved it on mine, when it was stock. one word of advice though, if you plan on lt's in the future, stay away from the loudmouth!
Old 09-25-2004, 03:05 PM
7 Second Club

Default I've got the LM and LT combo

i have the slp loud mouth, slp long tubes, slp off-road Y pipe-no cats..with a dynomax bullet(16 1/2 total lenght) in place of the resonator and love it....WOT sounds bad ***...it does have a little rasp when easing on the gas...

Basically the RESONATOR on the stock LM is a "echo chamber" thats the only way i know how to describe it...so like the person above me said its a straight through exhaust...but with a little echo chamber...