Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I Have To Use Air Restricting Plates For My Longtube Install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Have To Use Air Restricting Plates For My Longtube Install?

i am keeping my air tubes, do i really have to make restrictor plates for my air connections? i seen the directions and it says to drill a 3/16 hole in the center of the plate and sandwich 2 gaskets between it, wont this leak if theres a hole in the center of it? should i use aluminum tape for the connections on my y pipe then use my band clamps? wont aluminum tape oxidize?
Old 09-25-2004, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

The air restricting plates are so you won't burn up your check valves on the AIR pipes (those black parts towards the top of the pipe). It's supposed to still allow air into the primary, but restrict the amount a little. I'd just use the band clamps, but be sure to tighten them down real good to get a nice seal. Some anti-seize on the bolts wouldn't hurt either.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the AIR system really that effective on the cats after moving them back with LT's to make you want you want to keep it intact? Just curious, what brand cat's will you be using?
Old 09-28-2004, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

the jethot cats that came with the y pipe, i just read on this board that if you keep the a.i.r. you should use restrictor plates, i am keeping it so i have a better chance at passing emmissions, the place i go is kind of a lick em and stick em but i dont want to try my luck