Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e surging question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4l60e surging question

on two sperate occasions now my car has been at a standstill in traffic and when i give it gas the cars idle becomes irregular for an instant. After a split second of irregular idle the tranny feels as if it is slipping into gear. after i drive and let off the gas the idle becomes irregular and continues to feel as if it is slipping into gear from a standstill. On each occasion i have put the car in neutral and turned the car off, and restarted it while moving. What gets me is that after i restart it, the problem goes away completley and does not reappear until a month or so down the road, approx 1k or more miles.

To me this seems like an electrical problem, does anyone have any idea whats going on here?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt...
Old 09-27-2004, 12:06 PM
Launching!

What mods do you have need more info. Also next time it does it check to see if your oil pressure drops with the rpm dropping.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Black 98 T/A
on two sperate occasions now my car has been at a standstill in traffic and when i give it gas the cars idle becomes irregular for an instant. After a split second of irregular idle the tranny feels as if it is slipping into gear. after i drive and let off the gas the idle becomes irregular and continues to feel as if it is slipping into gear from a standstill. On each occasion i have put the car in neutral and turned the car off, and restarted it while moving. What gets me is that after i restart it, the problem goes away completley and does not reappear until a month or so down the road, approx 1k or more miles.

To me this seems like an electrical problem, does anyone have any idea whats going on here?

Have you done anything to your trans? You say your idle becomes irregular, what does irregular mean? ... dropping? Tell us more and we would be glad to help you out
Old 09-27-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

k thanks guys and sorry for being a little to brief.

My tranny is stock, all i have on the car is a cleared air lid, cutout, and suspension mods, all of which i know wouldn't cause this problem

by irregular throttle i mean that it will drop and spike below and above the 1k rpm range but does not surpass 1.5k or .5 k rpm's.

i will be more cautious and check out the oil pressure next time, i in fact should have thought of that when it occured but it failed to cross my mind

again, thank you for the responses please help me out if u can...
Old 09-28-2004, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt...
Old 09-29-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any ideas?