Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LM, need opinions

Old 09-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LM, need opinions

im considering getting slp loudmouth on my TA, i wanted to know if this is a loud enough system, i want the loudest thing out there, also will it pass emmissions with a set of headers, thanx
Old 09-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Well, your gonna get this from a lot of people but i'll start. Mostly everyone on here will tell you that this exhaust sounds GREAT on a stock car. However, once you throw on a set of LT's, or an ORY, it turns loud, annoying and raspy. Now if you want loud, I say go for it. Pass emmissions? Nope
Old 09-26-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The catback itself doesn't have anything to do with emissions, I passed easily with loudmouth and stock manifolds and cats.
I currently have LT headers, gutted cats, and the loudmouth and yes, that's about the loudest exhaust around. I would not recommend it for a car you're going to drive everyday, but I only drive mine a few days a week so I don't mind In all honesty, when I open it up it just sounds like a race car and I love it and you can hear it far away.

Feel free to ask me any questions about it. Good luck with whatever setup you decide on.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

One of, if not the worst sounding set-up with LT's and an ORY. Stock for stock its great, but past that, its shitty sounding, raspy, and louder than all hell.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:04 PM
Teching In

i want it to be loud as hell, as long as it will pass emmissions, and im not talking about noise, but pollution, noise isnt a problem, loud as hell is what i want
Old 09-26-2004, 10:15 PM
12 Second Club

thats all this exhaust with Longtube headers is...NOISE!!! if you want the loudest EXHAUST out there....id say corsa LT's and ORY or gutted cats....LT's ORX pipe and Flowmaster 1 chambers or some straight through mufflers....THATS a LOUD EXHAUST!!!....SLP loudmouth is plain LOUD!...longtubes will cause you to fail the sniffer/visual emissions check if they do it in your state (where you from?) it has nothing to do with the catback itself....it hasta do with your SES light really if you ahvea bad 02 or no 02's then youll have a problem cuz itll go on (youll need 02 sensors and bungs, 02 simulators (recommended with cats) or CAT DELETE form LS1 edit of the 02 sensors) that is if they do not do visual/sniffer check...LT's will amke any exhaust loud!!!...i say if you can get LT's (your state or county should only haveta do the OBD II= On-Board Diagnostic 2 test scan for codes thhat will allow you to pass with LT's(SES light cant go on to pass) get a GREAT catback and run Pacesetter, Jet-Hot, or QTP lt's with the QTP catted Y or the dual cutout Y then jsut open the cutouts...for EXTREME LOUD....and if your gonna haveta run cats...the get a cutout on the I-pipe of the cat-back
Old 09-26-2004, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

hopefullly that all msakes sense...answers any questions...fulfills your needs...guides oyur decision...and sorry bout length
Old 09-27-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
thats all this exhaust with Longtube headers is...NOISE!!! if you want the loudest EXHAUST out there....id say corsa LT's and ORY or gutted cats....LT's ORX pipe and Flowmaster 1 chambers or some straight through mufflers....THATS a LOUD EXHAUST!!!....SLP loudmouth is plain LOUD!...longtubes will cause you to fail the sniffer/visual emissions check if they do it in your state (where you from?) it has nothing to do with the catback itself....it hasta do with your SES light really if you ahvea bad 02 or no 02's then youll have a problem cuz itll go on (youll need 02 sensors and bungs, 02 simulators (recommended with cats) or CAT DELETE form LS1 edit of the 02 sensors) that is if they do not do visual/sniffer check...LT's will amke any exhaust loud!!!...i say if you can get LT's (your state or county should only haveta do the OBD II= On-Board Diagnostic 2 test scan for codes thhat will allow you to pass with LT's(SES light cant go on to pass) get a GREAT catback and run Pacesetter, Jet-Hot, or QTP lt's with the QTP catted Y or the dual cutout Y then jsut open the cutouts...for EXTREME LOUD....and if your gonna haveta run cats...the get a cutout on the I-pipe of the cat-back
For the love of GOD use ENGLISH
Old 09-27-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
For the love of GOD use ENGLISH
haha i was thinking the same thing.

Sorry dude, I think every gets kinda tired of answering exhaust questions. LS1sounds.com is your best friend. you can hear how shitty a loudmouth sounds with lt's and ory pipe. with cats, its not too bad, still sounds like a pick up truck to me though.

Take al isten to dual cutouts as well. you want loud...those are loud as hell, and if you are forced to go on a long trip you can close them up, save some gas mileage and your ear drums.

Travis
Old 09-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Launching!

lm = crap trust me i had one and it sounds like ***** with headers get yourself a borla and be done with it
Old 09-27-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
One of, if not the worst sounding set-up with LT's and an ORY. Stock for stock its great, but past that, its shitty sounding, raspy, and louder than all hell.
Just cause you can't handle the sound of it, u critisize it, (the Lt, ory, loudmouth set up) I have gotten nothing but compliments and people wondering how to make their car sound like mine. My exhaust is loud but it sounds meaner than all of my friends cars.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by santiago
Just cause you can't handle the sound of it, u critisize it, (the Lt, ory, loudmouth set up) I have gotten nothing but compliments and people wondering how to make their car sound like mine. My exhaust is loud but it sounds meaner than all of my friends cars.
LTs| ORY| Loudmouth...

Sorry bud, but they sound like ****. I've had the setup, and I didn't drive my car for 3 weeks because of it. The thing sounded like a pickup with burnt out glasspacks..

Glad you like yours, but 9 out of 10 people here will say it sounds like ***.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
LTs| ORY| Loudmouth...

Sorry bud, but they sound like ****. I've had the setup, and I didn't drive my car for 3 weeks because of it. The thing sounded like a pickup with burnt out glasspacks..

I agree !!! I just installed hooker LT's,ory and G5x3 cam with slp LM and it is to f-ing loud..my car has been driven once since the install I'm afraid i'll get pulled over and fined I'm putting in a bullet muffler to help quite it up a bit so I can
Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chris2000ss
I agree !!! I just installed hooker LT's,ory and G5x3 cam with slp LM and it is to f-ing loud..my car has been driven once since the install I'm afraid i'll get pulled over and fined I'm putting in a bullet muffler to help quite it up a bit so I can
A bullet will be just as loud and raspy.. You should look into a Borla XR-1.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i had the LM with my headers and ory and as much as other people liked it, it was just way too much for me to drive everyday. i switched to a hooker catback and couldnt be happier. still sounds mean, its still pretty damn loud, and i can hear my radio over it without blowing the damn speakers. my resonator from the LM is still in the i pipe though, so i dont know if that makes a difference
Old 09-29-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

LTs| ORY| Loudmouth...

some people like it and some people dont I guess
Old 09-29-2004, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

A bullet will be just as loud and raspy.. You should look into a Borla XR-1.
where can the borla be bought???I checked some of the sponsers..
Old 09-29-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

I had LT's/ORY/LM. It was loud, and sounded great at idle and above about 2800 rpms. From 2200-2800 it made me want to puke. It was a very flat, flapping kind of wierd noise better known as rasp.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have Mac mid length headers with cats and the LM exhaust and I don't think it's to loud. As a matter of fact I've had nothing but compliments.

The old school cars with iron blocks and flowmasters are much louder.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by santiago
I love loudness, but that set-up is just crappy. Its pure noise, not a hint of refinement or anything to make it distinct sounding from any other V8 on the road. Sorry if I dont want my Gen III Aluminum Block LS1 to sound like an old pickup with straight pipes. LS1's are very capable of being loud and sounding good/mean at the same time, and LT's/ORY/LM is just the loud part. Its all subjective and a matter of your own opinion, so if you like it then stick with it. But the fact is 99% of people hate your set-up because of its lack of true muscle sound and rasp. The guy wanted an opinion and I gave him mine, which most people share. You gave him yours, which very few people share. Let him decide, there is no need to get all defensive.

Search this Thread