Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

japanese exotic goes down, me=lost in dallas and hole in header!!!

Old 09-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default japanese exotic goes down, me=lost in dallas and hole in header!!!

ok. i went to dallas to meet a guy that posts on here...username:deezel. i needed help learning hp tuners and he did a great job...well as good as he could do considering that when we went out to check our progress and to make a few logs my egr valve bung in the header(right next to the manifold) blew out!! it was literally hanging by a thread, well i had to get home so we bought some fiberglass type tape at autozone and patched it just so i could get home. we headed out of dallas and i was looking ahead to see what in the world type of car i was seeing in the distance and missed my turn onto 635. so i just kept going, knowing that i finally would run into I20. i then proceeded to catch up to this unidentifiable car in ahead of me. i finally caught up to it and i couldnt believe my eyes, i thought it was a ferrari but turns out it was an acura nsx which is just as good to me because i have a ricer friend that idolizes this car. i pull up to see who is driving and it is this older man and he wants to race...bad! so, me with a hole in the header that you could stick your thumb in, taped up, decides to go ahead since i have been searching far and wide for this 100000$ exotic and i beat him...pretty bad!! i was elated, he comes back for more, and i beat him even worse. anyway i was so happy that i missed another turn, but finally got back to longview, where i live, and some bikers pull up to me and i have to race them too! i smoke them and then hear a small explosion... the egr valve bung went flying!! anyway i finally got home. by the way, thanks deezel for your help!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill/s! Stock for stock, NSX's aren't really anything to worry about for LS1's, especially from a dig. Also, pre-'96 NSX's are even slower, as they have 20 h.p. less and 200 cc's smaller of an engine mated with a 5 speed instead of the '96+ 290 h.p. 6 speeds. Also, all NSX's ('91+) that have the auto trannies are rated at only 252 h.p.... That is absolutely pathetic, especially for a car that costs that ******* much (~$90K brand new). The 2004 car is basically the same car that came out in '91. NSX's, while comfy, docile, and cool-lookin', are ridiculously overpriced for what they are: old Hondas with aluminum bodies that are mostly hand-assembled. Decent cars, but I sure as hell would never waste the money on one.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice Kills..and TransAm52804 pretty much nailed everything I was going to say.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
Nice kill/s! Stock for stock, NSX's aren't really anything to worry about for LS1's, especially from a dig. Also, pre-'96 NSX's are even slower, as they have 20 h.p. less and 200 cc's smaller of an engine mated with a 5 speed instead of the '96+ 290 h.p. 6 speeds. Also, all NSX's ('91+) that have the auto trannies are rated at only 252 h.p.... That is absolutely pathetic, especially for a car that costs that ******* much (~$90K brand new). The 2004 car is basically the same car that came out in '91. NSX's, while comfy, docile, and cool-lookin', are ridiculously overpriced for what they are: old Hondas with aluminum bodies that are mostly hand-assembled. Decent cars, but I sure as hell would never waste the money on one.

You don't buy that car to go really fast, you buy it to be a Roll down the streets in that and then in an Fbody and see which pulls more honeys
Old 09-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Launching!

i dont know about that stock for stock stuff. this was the a. zandari edition.. we took pictures of the car and the driver too. and i also dont know about the pulling more women thing, we couldnt even get pulled into a gas station before this chick was wanting a ride, haha. anyway, check this out if youd like: http://car-stats.com/stats/showstats...nid.aspx...the only reason it was such an awesome kill for me was because of my friend. he has an integra and he thinks that honda is the only car company in the world. and yes it was the 04 b/c he had the new style headlights. they havent changed overall body style in like 14 years except for headlights which they just did. they went from the motorized light to the sealed beam. and actually, riddler, you are right you definitely drive that car for the ho's. that car looks so bad ***, plus i gotta give props to honda for being much more dependable and long lasting. he can go as long as he wants in that car as long as he takes care of it, it would definitely last the guy i raced in particular the rest of his life, anyway it was fun.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So what about that flying O2 bung???
Old 09-27-2004, 02:27 AM
Launching!

i have no clue where that went, i think one of the bikers i left caught it in his teeth. friggin' harley riders thinkin there **** is bad *** just because it is louder than ****. haha, nah i aint got nothing against those bikers my dad refurbishes harley's and stuff, i just wouldnt want one, id rather have a rice bike, haha. anyway i dont know where that egr valve bung went...gotta do some mig welding in the morn, i hate to be driving around with one cylinder exposed to the world, i unplugged the plug wire to the cylinder with the hole in it, hopefully i wont mess that valve train up during the 3 mile drive to work and the shop where i will go to weld it myself tommorrow??
Old 09-27-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

um...I think Id rather have the small hole in the header than only be driving around with 7 cylinders firing
Old 09-27-2004, 11:44 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fozziejared
i have no clue where that went, i think one of the bikers i left caught it in his teeth. friggin' harley riders thinkin there **** is bad *** just because it is louder than ****. haha, nah i aint got nothing against those bikers my dad refurbishes harley's and stuff, i just wouldnt want one, id rather have a rice bike, haha. anyway i dont know where that egr valve bung went...gotta do some mig welding in the morn, i hate to be driving around with one cylinder exposed to the world, i unplugged the plug wire to the cylinder with the hole in it, hopefully i wont mess that valve train up during the 3 mile drive to work and the shop where i will go to weld it myself tommorrow??
Rotfl ... dude, just leave the sensor unplugged and a hole in the header ... plug your wire back in, and drive it wherever you need to go. Your car is not going to explode, your cylinder will be fine .... just take it and get it fixed whenever you get the chance.

Nice kill.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

nice kill.....ive been tryin to find me a NSX to play with, ive seen a couple around my area of Houston....just always going the other way.....like most people call those cars...They Are A Poorman's Ferrari....and nothing more...lol...cant even keep up with the ferrari 355....sucks about your 02 bung man....i probably woulda done the same thing if i saw an old man in a NSX trying to race me....shoulda kept off the harleys though, its a given that you'll beat em...ive had my fair share of biker races....ill say this much though, it is fun to mess around with em
Old 09-27-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dam I wish I could have made it out there. Did you learn alot?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Launching!

quite a bit, considering what happened... you should have come for real, that deezel guy is great he is still helping me too! btw, love the ali g avatar. we should all get together sometime, i would like to arrange some sort of meeting with all the dallas area members, i think that would be cool. anyway, just let me know if you have a free weekend sometime, maybe another sunday. speak with anyone you know on here that could meet with us. we could have like an area wide f-body meeting. later.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey man, Im up for it. I couldnt this time cause of work and this weekend is looking like im going to have to work also. We will though, not a problem. Im trying to learn all I can about hptuners
Old 09-29-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey we have a GTG the last saturday of every month at Hooters off of I-20 in Ftw across from Hulen Mall. Try and make it out sometime, usually hang out then cruise over to arlington to play and BS
Old 09-29-2004, 07:13 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since when was spotting an NSX a huge deal? Nice kill anyhow.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

wat kind of bike did u beat??
Old 09-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Launching!

i have never seen an nsx, they are fairly rare cars... especially in longview, tx. i am not sure at all it was some sort of harley
Old 09-30-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have seen a few here in dallas. (PLANO AREA). the only one that i ever had a chance to race was a red NSX with a 20+ driver. He thought he could take me easy.... hehe after the race he was quite surprised that a car that costs 1/3 of his could beat him so bad....
Old 09-30-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Since when was spotting an NSX a huge deal? Nice kill anyhow.
It would be a huge deal where I am... Not that I would care too much... Not too many nice cars around here

Nice kill dude! You have any numbers/track times?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MillaTK
It would be a huge deal where I am... Not that I would care too much... Not too many nice cars around here

Nice kill dude! You have any numbers/track times?

not any yet, but soon.

Search this Thread