Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Baseline Dyno Last Night Lid/LM/LS6 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Baseline Dyno Last Night Lid/LM/LS6 Intake 335/341

Hey guys got my car baselined last night for the header install that will hopefully be done today or tomorrow.

Mods : SLP Lid, SLP Loudmouth, LS6 intake, EGR/AIR deletes.
First run let off at 5600rpm even though my tach said 6K the dyno only showed 5600 due to the stock tach being slow.

328rwhp 333rwtq. SAE

Second run after it had blown water all the way across the shop.
Jumped in and ran it all the way to the limiter resulting in:

335rwhp 341rwtq SAE

Ill hopefully have a digital pic of the graph in a couple days. Now I'm super excited about the headers/ORY. I think with LTs/ORY, a pulley and ported TB. I could be a contender for 365rwhp
The awesome thing is that it held 325rwhp from around 5400-6200. All belts on. 93 Octane. Stock tune. No dyno tricks or anything, the tires even had 20psi in them because I just ran it at the track last night. So that probably cost me a couple ponies.
Im stoked

Last edited by SDC; 09-28-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what were the track numbers? Dyno numbers don't mean a whole lot to me...
Old 09-28-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
So what were the track numbers? Dyno numbers don't mean a whole lot to me...
Really? So you goto the Dynamometer Archives to see track numbers routinely?
Maybe you should look in the Drag Racing forum, they're posted there. Keep in mind this is hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd and shifting at 5500rpm in 3rd. And my awesome 2.3 60' 13.7@106mph. I rule

Last edited by SDC; 09-28-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDC
and shifting at 5500rwhp in 3rd. 13.7@106mph.
5500 RWHP? Christ that must be 13.7 in the 3 mile sprint

Old 09-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Launching!

those are some pretty good numbers let us know what the final results are when u get the headers in
Old 09-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by SDC
Really? So you goto the Dynamometer Archives to see track numbers routinely?
Maybe you should look in the Drag Racing forum, they're posted there. Keep in mind this is hitting the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd and shifting at 5500rwhp in 3rd. And my awesome 2.3 60' 13.7@106mph. I rule
No, I just like to see dyno numbers and track times to back them up. I see a lot of people with very few mods that dyno great numbers (like you for instance). However, when they go to the track, their performance usually indicates that those numbers are a bit inflated (which I think yours are).

Personally, I think you should be trapping a little higher with those numbers, even with your 60' times. Maybe that's just me...who knows. Either way, they are very nice numbers.

Steve
Old 09-28-2004, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Strahley
5500 RWHP? Christ that must be 13.7 in the 3 mile sprint

Fixed
Old 09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
No, I just like to see dyno numbers and track times to back them up. I see a lot of people with very few mods that dyno great numbers (like you for instance). However, when they go to the track, their performance usually indicates that those numbers are a bit inflated (which I think yours are).

Personally, I think you should be trapping a little higher with those numbers, even with your 60' times. Maybe that's just me...who knows. Either way, they are very nice numbers.

Steve
I think these are pretty average numbers actually. I guarantee I'll knock atleast second off that time when my DRs, short stick and shift light get here.
What did you run your first pass down a drag strip in an LS1 6M?
I think its safe to say that it wasn't your best 1/4 ET in the car. I really think the trap would have been around 109 if I hadn't hit the limiter in 1st and 2nd and then short shifted it. I hadn't gotten on the car much because I just bought it and I wasn't aware that the tach showed an imaginary number at all times.
I really need to hot lap the car to learn to launch it. The first two passes I bogged big time the third pass it just lit them up before I even moved. Driver mod would definately help.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by SDC
I think these are pretty average numbers actually. I guarantee I'll knock atleast second off that time when my DRs, short stick and shift light get here.
What did you run your first pass down a drag strip in an LS1 6M?
I think its safe to say that it wasn't your best 1/4 ET in the car. I really think the trap would have been around 109 if I hadn't hit the limiter in 1st and 2nd and then short shifted it. I hadn't gotten on the car much because I just bought it and I wasn't aware that the tach showed an imaginary number at all times.
I really need to hot lap the car to learn to launch it. The first two passes I bogged big time the third pass it just lit them up before I even moved. Driver mod would definately help.
Well, I've only been to the track once. Best I could muster was a 13.49 @ 106 with a 2.3 short time in 85 degree Alabama weather. That was with a lid and cutout.

Have no fear, I need to do the driver mod too. I'll be hitting the track again this Saturday, so we shall see. This time I'll be packing a few suspension goodies and headers (Kooks), but still running on street radials to save my rear end that is already on borrowed time.

Your tach comment was what prompted me to get a shift light...prolly the best driver aid I have.

Regardless, it is all in good fun man. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Steve