Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 M11x2mm Headbolt hole cleaner/tap

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 M11x2mm Headbolt hole cleaner/tap

Well, I've searched and searched (JRP would be proud ). And found the tap, with help from the archives, through Kentmoore http://servicesolutions.spx.com/

A rep emailed me today indicating that the tool, PN J-42385-107 is $78.80 and is currently available. Wow, >$80 when you add in shipping. Just to clean a hole from the residue that was left in from the original bolts. Why dont they include this in the already overpriced set of irreplacable headbolts? I wonder how many GenIII engines are out there. You would think this tap was a little more common. When I called my local nut and bolt supply , as soon as I mentioned M11, I was cut off and told "we don't carry those GM taps" so I take it that I'm not the first person to call them

Searching LS1Tech's archives, I have read where several people have simply cut into an old bolt with a die grinder and/or dremel.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=M11

I don't have any "old bolts" as I purchased the heads and block seperately. So I'm off to the dealer to go get one. When I get back, what kind of cut should I make? Similar to a tap? Should I take pictures to put up on here or LS1Howto to help out the next guy that needs help with this?

Thanks,

David
Old 09-28-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out LS1HowTo. He has a picture on there showing the bolt with the channel ground into it and a written description of what to do. I even understood it.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 PM

What we should do is, whoever the last people who bought one of these stupid 11x2 taps for $100, offer it up here for rent for $10 or $15. Or rent it out for $100 then return for $75. You know what I mean?

I am currently needing to clean out my threads and would pay someone with Paypal $100 for use of their tap if I could return it to them for the $75 back to my account.

I see no need to pay GM $100 for a tap I will use once in my life.

After this job I'm switching to Ford.

UGH!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rondog
What we should do is, whoever the last people who bought one of these stupid 11x2 taps for $100, offer it up here for rent for $10 or $15. Or rent it out for $100 then return for $75. You know what I mean?

I am currently needing to clean out my threads and would pay someone with Paypal $100 for use of their tap if I could return it to them for the $75 back to my account.

UGH!!!!!

if your not in a big hurry I can look for mine
Old 06-20-2010, 09:42 PM

No worries bud.

I actually found the LS1Howto thread and put the Makita grind on a cleaned up used bolt.

Will try this which should do the trick.

Thank you very much though you are too kind.

Ron.

PS, here is the thread link if anyone else happens to want to view it.

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=2
Old 06-20-2010, 10:19 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rondog

UGH!!!!!

Lol 6 year old thread. I love it when this happens.

Quick Reply: LS1 M11x2mm Headbolt hole cleaner/tap