Sponsored by:

new to tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to tuning

hello,
i'm new to tuning. i just purchased an 04 vette and am wondering should i begin with hp tuner or ls1 edit. which is the more user friendly system? also, which sponsors are the best for purchasing the software? tia.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am partial, but I highly recommend hptuners. More bang for the buck as you get the scanner and editor all in one! They also have great customer service as well.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Teching In

i've done a search and hp tuners seems to be quite hot right now. where is the best place to buy it? also, should i invest in a wideband o2? like i said, this will be my first crack at tuning. which is why i want to start now, i still have a stock car vs. later when i have accumulated more mods.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can only buy it from their website. A wideband sensor is also a good investment. A new version of hptuners will be out shortly that can integrate a wideband into the program so you wouldn't have to log your wideband with a separate program.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Teching In

sweet. thanks for the info. i'll be on the lookout for the newest version of hp tuners. can ls1edit be used with a wideband w/o having to log seperately or not? also, where is the best place to buy a wideband? tia.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Idk about wideband logging with edit. All i know is that ver. 1.5 of hptuners will be out very soon and it will support it. I'm not sure about where to buy the wideband since i don't even have one yet. Hopefully someone else can chime in and help you out or you could always contact the guys at hptuners and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction!