Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew w/92&amp
I got 362 w/o a cam????
Old 09-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by txhorns281
I got 362 w/o a cam????

Thats awesome,but I've learned dyno #s dont really mean much.I have beaten cars that have dynoed 60 rwhp more than my car.I got a friend that dynoed 350 rwhp and 355 rwtq with lid,dumped y and a tb on his 02 WS6 and he cant touch me...
Old 09-29-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stew w/92&amp
Thats awesome,but I've learned dyno #s dont really mean much.I have beaten cars that have dynoed 60 rwhp more than my car.I got a friend that dynoed 350 rwhp and 355 rwtq with lid,dumped y and a tb on his 02 WS6 and he cant touch me...
Yes dynoes are mainly for tuning, but you can still see by lining up two people's graphs who is going to have a stronger car... true, your power band is taller and flatter of a curve up top then an uncammed, but still... there's plenty of peeps pullin near 390 peak horses with a LS6 cam and bolt ons... which means over the top end they're averaging more hp. Unless you do 360 horses across 4K-6K I doubt you can hang with that... You're car now revs to 6.5K so yes your top end is going to get a great extension out of it, but the point is that the maximum efficiency and potential of your setup isn't being reached... As for you beating guys with 60 more horses... sucks to be them.. but that's not normally the case....

One of our club guys is pullin 373 on a LS6 cam, weaksauce HPP3 tune, and other bolt ons... imagine pullin 10-20 more horses over your top end??? easily another tenth or two at the track... and more pullin on your buddy... you'd probably edge me top end right now but we'll compare #'s and graphs after my cam...
Old 09-29-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 362 w/o a cam????
Awesome! Now all because you did it, doesn't mean everyone else has to. 362 w/ bolt ons definitely isn't the norm so I don't see how your numbers are relivant.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
Awesome! Now all because you did it, doesn't mean everyone else has to. 362 w/ bolt ons definitely isn't the norm so I don't see how your numbers are relivant.
Don't hate!

actually it's said to be pretty standard... I think most full bolt-on F-Bodys (M6s) should hit the 360 mark or very very close to... sorry you didn't make it

Look, the relevancy is that in comparison to many in our F-Body community, I'd be pretty pissed if I was under the curve (so to speak) for mods that on someone else's car, hit the bar... Now, every car does run different! There are some strong runners, and some weak nuts... that's inevitable, but there is a medium to where most of our cars fall along a particular average... NOW, I've seen higher averages on the LS6 cam than what's posted here... I'm not calling anyone out to say that they suck, but perhaps there are those who don't know the ability of their setup and could further benefit by it's maximization... I'd hate to have the same setup as someone that's found more power out of it... If this is the best this car can make then cool.. no biggy...

Just cuz i make slightly high #'s for all bolt-ons, doesn't mean I'm just gonna settle and say that I have a "good" setup... i think guys making ~370 w/ bolt ons are the "good setups" Maybe it's a combination of good parts, good maintenance, good tuning, or whatever... but it's not like you just mod your car and if it comes out better than you expect, then YOU HAVE A FREAK?!?!?!? If i didn't know any better, and I pulled 350 with all the mods i have, I'd want someone to tell me that the norm is above that and for some reason I'm not there... Maybe there's more potential in my car to be unlocked that I just haven't figured out yet...

Just food for though that's all... otherwise the full bolt-on guy with 350 horses would be like, "Dooooooood, i'm the greatest!!!"

Last edited by txhorns281; 09-29-2004 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:48 AM
TECH Regular

Arrow

I got 362 w/o a cam????
Congratulations, you've got a freak.

There have been only like 4 cars that have posted on here in the 370's range, and maybe 15 in the 360's range.

If anybody is making over 350rwhp with the stock cam they've got a strong car.

You said you're making 362rwhp with cats still, so it sounds like your car is a freak to me.

Here's the highest bolt-on dyno number threads.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/205267-highest-bolt-rwhp-s.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/137155-highest-dyno-stock-internal-na-engine.html
Old 09-30-2004, 01:52 AM
dug
Banned

Thanks for the link. It was very informative. Did you use mufflex off road pipes?
Old 09-30-2004, 02:01 AM
TECH Regular

Don't hate!

actually it's said to be pretty standard... I think most full bolt-on F-Bodys (M6s) should hit the 360 mark or very very close to... sorry you didn't make it

Just cuz i make slightly high #'s for all bolt-ons, doesn't mean I'm just gonna settle and say that I have a "good" setup... i think guys making ~370 w/ bolt ons are the "good setups" Maybe it's a combination of good parts, good maintenance, good tuning, or whatever... but it's not like you just mod your car and if it comes out better than you expect, then YOU HAVE A FREAK?!?!?!?
Most f-bodies don't hit the 360 mark. When you're the only one making 362rwhp with cats it doesn't mean you have a good setup. It means you have a freak!

How can the guys making 370rwhp have the good setups when there are probably about 5 of them. The cars hitting 370rwhp with bolt-ons is something 95% of us will never make.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cobraeater
Most f-bodies don't hit the 360 mark. When you're the only one making 362rwhp with cats it doesn't mean you have a good setup. It means you have a freak!

How can the guys making 370rwhp have the good setups when there are probably about 5 of them. The cars hitting 370rwhp with bolt-ons is something 95% of us will never make.
interesting... there's at least 5 guys in our local club here dyno in the 360s range with full bolt on setups... I guess those were those only 5 in America...

I will rest... thanks for discussion to all though..
Old 09-30-2004, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

I got 362 w/o a cam????
Best ET: 13.21 @ 110, 2.21 60ft on streets
I trapped 112 w/ 325 rwhp????

Old 09-30-2004, 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations, you've got a freak.

There have been only like 4 cars that have posted on here in the 370's range, and maybe 15 in the 360's range.

If anybody is making over 350rwhp with the stock cam they've got a strong car.

You said you're making 362rwhp with cats still, so it sounds like your car is a freak to me.

Here's the highest bolt-on dyno number threads.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205267
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137155
sorry one more thing... these links you posted in a way sort of "prove" that M6s in the 360s is more common than most people think... Most people in those threads seem to have no problem understand or believing that 360s are possible from a full bolt-on... And when you've seen it yourself reproduced many a time, I guess observation in the real world means nothing to the theoretical... To tell you the truth, based on my F-Body experience most cars should hit 360 with a full bolt-on setup, good standard to shoot for... These are not "factory freaks..." the guys hitting 370+ are the freaks...

I talked to a guy tonight, drove a Z28, started talking about his suspension and all... I asked if he upgraded to the 1LE by chance... just to chit chat.. he told me "No, i don't have the independent rear suspension, only the SS's have that..." I've met my fair share of F-body "know it alls" peace....
Old 09-30-2004, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvilLS1
I trapped 112 w/ 325 rwhp????

I know I know... lol... dude, i'm not the world greatest track driver, I'll be the first to admit... it's those damn 60s!!! I posted my track time not really to boast... more just cuz it's the truth... oh well, maybe i'll come around one day... at least i know my car's got *****...

Here's a list of my "ricer" excuses:

Tires
Shitty track prep
Kinda hot night (I am in TX)

and of course, I'm missing the driver mod...

I'm still breaking myself in at the track... gettin betta each time though... what's yer track setup???
Old 09-30-2004, 03:23 AM
11 Second Club

Here's a list of my "ricer" excuses:
Tires
Shitty track prep
Kinda hot night (I am in TX)
and of course, I'm missing the driver mod...
No excuses necessary.. I was just givin' ya ****.

I do have to agree with the others though.. 360 rwhp with bolt ons isn't the norm around here, even with an M6. You're numbers are well above average IMO.

Another thing to consider is that some dynos read higher or lower than others.. The guy who posted this thread might dyno higher somewhere else. Either way, I think his numbers are pretty good for such a small cam.

what's yer track setup???
Just the basic goodies.. Mac midlenghts, borla catback, lid, pulley, 3500 stall & sticky tires. I just got a new cam, LS6 intake and a 12 bolt but haven't had a chance to take it back to the track since then.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EvilLS1
No excuses necessary.. I was just givin' ya ****.

I do have to agree with the others though.. 360 rwhp with bolt ons isn't the norm around here, even with an M6. You're numbers are well above average IMO.

Another thing to consider is that some dynos read higher or lower than others.. The guy who posted this thread might dyno higher somewhere else. Either way, I think his numbers are pretty good for such a small cam.

Just the basic goodies.. Mac midlenghts, borla catback, lid, pulley, 3500 stall & sticky tires. I just got a new cam, LS6 intake and a 12 bolt but haven't had a chance to take it back to the track since then.
Well, I will argue that these #'s are sub-par... but not trying to pick fights here... lol fuggin stall and tires.... It's harder in an M6 doooooooood! lol... that's a great trap speed though... pretty amazing... good 60's = sweet traps... maybe gearing too?? I'm gonna stop posting here before someone gets mad at me... lol take it easy...
Old 09-30-2004, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Well, I will argue that these #'s are sub-par...

Thats cool,but I run with bigger cammed and higher rwhp cars all the time.....so back to my stance that dyno #s dont mean ****.....Its great that your car dynos well but most people are gonna ask you "....what do you run at the track?"Unless you got the track #s to back it up,dyno #s dont mean ****.......
Old 09-30-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Arrow

txhorns281, Check out the thread below.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...lowest+numbers

Alot of guys in that thread with all the bolt-ons are in the 330-350's range, so when you are in the 360's with bolt-ons that's not the standard or norm. Some of those guys have all the bolt-ons, so what else can they do to optimize their combos.

Stew, good graphs!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

if i added headers to my setup (20hp avg+-) i would have 362hp. does that make my car a freak.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Launching!

If you get 20 rwhp with them and you put 360+ full bolt on than yes.Any car that does 360+ with stock internals has an above average dynoing car,but that doesn't mean anything if you dont have track times to back up your telling someone their #s suck.....There are just so many variables to dynos....
Old 09-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Some of those guys have all the bolt-ons, so what else can they do to optimize their combos.

Stew, good graphs!

Thanks Randy,My setup cant get that much better so to critique my setup made no sense.The only thing is LTs to my Macs and I dont think I would gain more than 5-7 rwhp switching to LTs.....