Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

wooohooo i beat a vette...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wooohooo i beat a vette...

ok so i am on my way back from college. Really down coz i got my organic chemstry test back and all i can say is . So i am driving at the speed limit through city of dallas. I stop at the light this corvette comes to a screeching stop on my right. He probably had to slam on his brakes. Almost gave me a heart attack. So he lookes over and smiles. Asks me if i want to go. I say ok

I take my a4 out of overdrive and turn off tracton control. The guy has a manual and starts to rev. as soon as the light turns green i hit it cautionsly not to spin too much. (Perfect launch only spun for about 1 sec). as soon as i launch i floor it. and got about 1/2 car ahead of him. He is spinning like there is no tommorow. Then he hits his rev limiter on 2-3 shift. The car doesnt agree with him at all. By this time i am about 3 cars ahead and we are rolling at about 60+ mph. I slow down he pulls up and says "Wow dude what u got in there?? . I say it is all stock xcept catback. he still cant believe it. I tell him to not launch so hard . We go again with the same results. His reaction time sucked... the second time. He didnt spin as much but still i had a better launch.

Needless tosay, i dont feel so bad about the chemistry test anymore.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice run
Old 09-30-2004, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

swweeeeettt dude wait to teach that c'5 whose boss f bod rules yeaaa. lol
Old 09-30-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So what year Vette was it? Screeching to a halt would indicate a lack of anti-lock brakes. So are we talking an early C4? With your mods you'd have your hands full with an M6 C5. I don't see you getting much more than a car on an M6 C5 on the second run if he didn't miss a shift again. Unless there are mods done to your car that aren't in your sig.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice kill! Sounds like a driver...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

good work
Old 09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

was it a black c5? i was out at the dallas street races a few tuesdays ago and a black vette showed up and i was like yeah its gonna show that so called 13 second hatch wats up. they line up and as soon as i hear the vettes motor screaming like non other i knew he was gonna launch like ****, they launch and he is sideways for awhile with the hatch putting atleast 4 cars on it until the vette grabbed and started pulling fast
Old 10-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
So what year Vette was it? Screeching to a halt would indicate a lack of anti-lock brakes. So are we talking an early C4? With your mods you'd have your hands full with an M6 C5. I don't see you getting much more than a car on an M6 C5 on the second run if he didn't miss a shift again. Unless there are mods done to your car that aren't in your sig.
Well on the second run he said the vette had a shitty reaction time, and still spun some.That being said, there's no reason he couldn't put a few cars on him. Also with im being an A4 would put him at an advantage somewhat. Don't seem like they want to high speeds where the vette would gain some ground. I don't know, Im stupid. I may be wrong.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:51 AM
STF Veteran

Nice work. That's what the guy gets for side-stepping @ 4k.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

About the screeching it was almost like he slammed on the brakes. He probably didnt notice the red light until late..... i have done that before. it was a new body style. c5 for sure. i am not saying that i can beat corvettes. just saying that i got lucky this time. (I thought that was implied by the WOOOOOOO HOOOO) His RXN time sucked and i got perfect launch so i won. this was stoplight racing so we didnt get to go to higher speeds. besides i dont go over 100 mph in city anymore.. damn cops are out for me.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:08 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
ive gotten my vette to screech the tires while doing hard breaking.

nice kill!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackEcho
About the screeching it was almost like he slammed on the brakes. He probably didnt notice the red light until late..... i have done that before. it was a new body style. c5 for sure. i am not saying that i can beat corvettes. just saying that i got lucky this time. (I thought that was implied by the WOOOOOOO HOOOO) His RXN time sucked and i got perfect launch so i won. this was stoplight racing so we didnt get to go to higher speeds. besides i dont go over 100 mph in city anymore.. damn cops are out for me.
You should be saying that you can beat corvettes, I would pull C5's quite often in my Free Mod'd 3.23 optioned A4 z28, I am suprised how many are still stock, I just killed a stock c5 last night in my junker 83 mustang, if I had a c5 i'd have a 150 shot on there in no time
Old 10-12-2004, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill dude!!!!

Organic Chem.? So you're one of those smart people huh? I dated a girl in college that had to take that class for her Chem. Eng. degree. That's some crazy stuff.

Congrats again!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

You put 3 cars on the C5 by 60 mph, but he hit the rev limiter on the 2-3 shift???

I must be missing something here, because C5's will pull 75+ mph stock in 2nd gear...

Good Kill anyways...On the driver that is...

Peace...Gman
Old 10-13-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mach1
You should be saying that you can beat corvettes, I would pull C5's quite often in my Free Mod'd 3.23 optioned A4 z28, I am suprised how many are still stock, I just killed a stock c5 last night in my junker 83 mustang, if I had a c5 i'd have a 150 shot on there in no time

HAHAH Junker my ***!!!! That stang would do more then just kill a stock C5 I like stock C5's, for some reason those guys seem to be the cockiest.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
HAHAH Junker my ***!!!! That stang would do more then just kill a stock C5 I like stock C5's, for some reason those guys seem to be the cockiest.
Haha, well everyone thinks its a junker from the looks of it. Yeah thats the reason they dont mod it("I will already kill everyone on the road in my vette no need for mods")
Old 10-13-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

"CORVETTE" VROOOOMMMMMMM, just like in the Gay and the Curious