Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

appearance items (billet grill,halos, berger panel)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default appearance items (billet grill,halos, berger panel)

my car is a 99 SS red t-tops with silver ZR1's and red painted calipers

i have just ordered a set of black halos, and a 9-bar brushed aluminum billet grill, and i am going to put them on next weekend, i am going to paint the area behind my grill flat black so that the red wont shine through
how do you guys think this will look?

i am also looking into possibly painting my rear panel to look like a berger SS.
currently on my red SS i have black inserts in the Camaro, i am thinking about switching it around to being a glossy black (i hate flat black) with red inserts, how do you guys think this will look? i am hoping it will change the appearance a little bit in the back.

let me know what you guys think, i need to know about the rear panel by monday morning so the guy can paint it black at the same time as another car he is doing.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktavert
my car is a 99 SS red t-tops with silver ZR1's and red painted calipers

i have just ordered a set of black halos, and a 9-bar brushed aluminum billet grill, and i am going to put them on next weekend, i am going to paint the area behind my grill flat black so that the red wont shine through
how do you guys think this will look?

i am also looking into possibly painting my rear panel to look like a berger SS.
currently on my red SS i have black inserts in the Camaro, i am thinking about switching it around to being a glossy black (i hate flat black) with red inserts, how do you guys think this will look? i am hoping it will change the appearance a little bit in the back.

let me know what you guys think, i need to know about the rear panel by monday morning so the guy can paint it black at the same time as another car he is doing.
Painting behind the grill will look good. I used to have mine done like that but I've had my car painted since then & no I have the billet grill with pewter behind it. & to be honest its actually growing on me I like the way you can only see it a certain angles.. but I will probably end up painting behind it again.

Either way you paint the panel it will look good. I have done them both Satin black & base coat clear coat. But in my opinion the satin black panel looks like its suppose to be there & the glossy black kinda looks like you bought a used piece of a black car & havent had it painted yet. But then again that may have been just because the color of my car. So satin black panel gets my vote.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

The gloss black rear panel looks good on red cars. My friend has that same thing done on his red SS.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a gloss black panel on my car and it went well with the rest of my black accents, adding a satin panel for me would have looked out of place
Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been beggin for pics of a red t top with black halos, black wheels, black billet, and black outs on rear and turns.. I guess your's will be close.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the satin looks good a red car with black wheels.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
The gloss black rear panel looks good on red cars. My friend has that same thing done on his red SS.
Same here.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JackZ28
I think the satin looks good a red car with black wheels.
I think the gloss looks good on a red car with black wheels (obviously), but the satin looks great too.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you are going with the black/red scheme i wouldnt go with a aluminum grille. i think a black billet would look sweet with a blue bowtie emblem or matching SS emblem in the middle.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by abadss
if you are going with the black/red scheme i wouldnt go with a aluminum grille. i think a black billet would look sweet with a blue bowtie emblem or matching SS emblem in the middle.
I agree. Black billet on red:

Old 10-01-2004, 12:13 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Then consider adding the hockey stick stripe too! I think they look great on 4th gen Camaros.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:20 PM
Teching In

thanks for the reply guys, sorry i already ordered the brushed aluminum grill, i will see how it looks, I can probably have it powdercoated all black in the future if i dont think it looks right
i am pretty sure i am going to go with gloss black with red inserts, i think i am going to order a Red SS symbol to replace the black one i have and then order a chrome SLP logo for the other side
a guy at this corvette shop is going to paint it for me for $50
Old 06-20-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow that red camaro with black grill looks great. i am gonna do that and black halo headlights and then eventually black wheels.