PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there mail order tunes for hp tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are there mail order tunes for hp tuners?

Are there mail order tunes for hp tuners?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

What do you mean? You want to read the vcm and make changes after you get your pcm back in the mail? There is only one format, the format that GM made. Either programs (hptuners & ls1edit) can read or write that one format. The only thing you have to be careful of, and this happens alot on mail order tunes, is them locking the pcm.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
What do you mean? You want to read the vcm and make changes after you get your pcm back in the mail? There is only one format, the format that GM made. Either programs (hptuners & ls1edit) can read or write that one format. The only thing you have to be careful of, and this happens alot on mail order tunes, is them locking the pcm.
I do not know how to operate either ls1 edit our hp tuners.I plan on doing a head and cam or just a cam setup soon. I dont wanna send in my pcm. I just was curious if there was some type of place were i could list them my mods and they will send me a tune sheet that i can apply to either ls1 edit our hptuners.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:42 AM
9 Second Club

I have been thinking of the same thing. I have seen a couple of members of this board offer to give someone a "base tune" via e-mail. You can check the below link, but for me I haven't found the same set up as I have. Also you have to find the same exact year as yours "I believe". I am on the verge of buying HPT in hopes that someone will help me "tune" my car. I don't have any other option here in the sticks.

http://www.horist.com/hptuner/search.asp?action=exe

Quick Reply: Are there mail order tunes for hp tuners?