Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PP ls6 heads

Old 10-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PP ls6 heads

What is the deal with these heads, I've read the threads and it seems to me that something bad happen to one person and then the snowball effect took place and everyone jump on the bandwagon. I am wondering can anyone sum it up for me? Are these heads good quality or what? I have a thunder racing 230/224 reverse split that I plan on using with the heads
Old 10-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Do a search for the heads.All I can say is you get what you pay for.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its more then just one person. Some of the threads have been locked, some people just choose not to aire their business publicly in a post(yet its somewhat public knowledge that they had a bad experience.....its just vague). There's tons of posts about it. Check out the sponser section for TSP's post about them dropping PP's heads, and you'll find a TON of responses there. Same with Terry @ Racetech.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

if you want a set of the PP LS6 style heads, we can hook you up and we do our own quality inspection here in house also. heads are backed by a 1 year warranty against defects in workmanship/materials. give us a call or shoot us your phone number and we'll call you.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

I have a set of PP LS6 heads and love them. Every one says you get what you pay for. BUT it works both ways if you pay 2500.+ for heads are you really getting your moneys worth? More than likley not, just a over priced product. I can afford any brand of heads I want, but went with the PP heads. Over the years alot of retailers have made large profit margins from people who over pay for the same product. I would go with the PP heads.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Its more then just one person. Some of the threads have been locked, some people just choose not to aire their business publicly in a post(yet its somewhat public knowledge that they had a bad experience.....its just vague). There's tons of posts about it. Check out the sponser section for TSP's post about them dropping PP's heads, and you'll find a TON of responses there. Same with Terry @ Racetech.
Every one with a IQ over 50 knows that the TSP post was a planed plot to promote Racetech and to bash PP since Terry quite PP and started Racetech.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It certainly seemed that way didn't it? That just happens to be a personal opinion, not a known fact. Not trying to start a ****-fight here, just stating the obvious. I personally have mixed feelings on the subject. It'd make sense either way, but nothing has been proven. The only soles that know this for sure are Terry, PP, and maybe a few close to him. We all just read through threads...You can't believe everything you hear (or read). Though still informative, a lot of (if not all) posts in this thread are going to be based on opinion. Just keep that in mind bud...

Patriot may have a small something in store for future buyers . I'm not really at liberty to say anything on the subject at this point, but hold off your purchase a couple weeks and I'll have complete flow numbers, and 346 dyno numbers posted for all to see. Oh, and, no...I am not affiliated with PP in any way, shape, or form...I'm just some guy
Old 10-02-2004, 08:33 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think the problem that can be associated with PP is inconsistancey and quality control. have they taken steps to remedy this; only time will tell.

and i agree with the above guy concerning the matter of TSP, PP, PRC, and RaceTech

Last edited by jrp; 10-02-2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just as JRP said, consistancy. It is (or was) one of their main issues. And, as JRP also stated, "only time will tell"...
Old 10-03-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I'm happy with mine.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Teching In

How did you get those Numbers with that particular cam.. I am 100 hp less than what you are at.. Have basically the same stuff done in a M6..
Old 10-03-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:25 AM
RAN
Staging Lane

Had PP LS6 style heads installed last spring. So far so good, but I don't put many miles on the car, and have only run it about 5-6 times.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:31 AM
SPG
On The Tree

If you like the idea of the pp casting, FFHP will build the heads to your spec, using their components but starting with a PP cnc cast. Thats the way I have gone.

If tyou believe the threads, any issues with PP seems to be parts used and assembly variation, not the cnc cast.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hydfixer,
It's apparent to me you don't know what your talking about. Racetech does not even offer cylinder heads. We've been selling nothing but AFR heads for the last several weeks. Terry at Racetech doesn't have cylinder heads, in fact Terry is working nights at a local machine shop to support his family after being fired. Your post would make sense if Terry had cylinder heads, but he opened a internet/local parts sales & installation facility. Terry opened a performance shop that offers products the same as Texas Speed & alot of other vendors on this site. I definately don't think its reasonable to make claims against sponsors of this board when you don't know what your talking about.

I could probably sit here & write a book on why we're no longer carrying PP products. Instead I just want to say we decided to go a different route.

We sold PP products even after Terry was fired. We had a combination of things that ulitmately led to us deciding to no longer carry the products.

If you would like PP heads you can buy them from Summit, JC Whitney, SLP, or Force Fed will even build you heads finished with their components finished to your specs!!!

Originally Posted by hydfixer
Every one with a IQ over 50 knows that the TSP post was a planed plot to promote Racetech and to bash PP since Terry quite PP and started Racetech.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-04-2004, 10:37 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not gotten into this, nor do I intend on slinging mud in any direction.

I will say this:

If you choose to buy Patriot heads my suggestion would be to opt up for name brand valves. The springs and the locks are fine IMHO. I would consider having the heads flow checked and having the valve job checked as that seems to be have been one of the issues that varied on heads, and the valve job can make or break a set of heads.

That being said, I would recommend AFR heads at this point as I think the casting is superior to any ported stocker...
Old 10-04-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Jason, you might have a legitamite problem with the heads. But it really looks bad when you put something like this on the board. The vendors that posted that they were no longer carrying Patriot products were directly taking a swipe at Patriot.
I'll give you an example. Have you started ANY threads regarding ANY other products that you are no longer carrying from ANY other vendor?
You could have just stopped carrying them and/or posted/replied to specific instances of what has happened directly with your experiences.
It appears to be a cheap shot to me. But what do I know?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

I have a friend that lives in Alabama and the last time we talked I brought this up in the conversation. He told me that he wasnt sure but he had heard that Terry was the one that actually ported the master head that all of PP heads are based off of. Then I have read somewere that all he did was get a set of GMPP cnc heads and modify them. All I am saying is when he first opened his shop, Racetech, he offered PP heads but now he does not and offers another head. If he actually did port the master head at PP then why did he abandon his port for someone elses? I have read good things about Terry, both when he was at PP and now; maybe he can pop in here and explain.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hysteria
I have a friend that lives in Alabama and the last time we talked I brought this up in the conversation. He told me that he wasnt sure but he had heard that Terry was the one that actually ported the master head that all of PP heads are based off of. Then I have read somewere that all he did was get a set of GMPP cnc heads and modify them. All I am saying is when he first opened his shop, Racetech, he offered PP heads but now he does not and offers another head. If he actually did port the master head at PP then why did he abandon his port for someone elses? I have read good things about Terry, both when he was at PP and now; maybe he can pop in here and explain.
The GMPP heads are a 250cc intake runner. The PP's are much smaller in temrs of volume. That being said, TEA claimed the heads were a copy of their head, and Jay from Absolute said in looking at them, he felt they were a copy of the TEA head. But nothing has ever been shown definitively on either side.

I don't know that Terry really cares too much to discuss Patriot at this point seeing as he no longer is with them.

Also, IP rights for developed products you have developed on company time stay with the employer in most cases. So, any head developed at Patriot belongs to Patriot....
Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Don't forget our other retailers: Speed Inc., Scoggin-Dickey, LM Performance, Combination Motorsports, Agostino Racing, Eckler's, F-Body Motorsports, Pace Performance

J-rod,
We totally agree. If you are not comfortable with heads that you have received, please get them checked out. We fully support the "trust, but verify" philosophy. We now send a flow sheet with every set of heads.

Search this Thread