Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sparred with an 03 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparred with an 03 Cobra

Wouldn't call this a kill or death. I was leaving for work yesterday and came to a stop sign and a white Cobra went by with some younger guy and girl in it. Mid 20's or so. Anyway, my first impression was it wasn't 03+ so I turned in behind him hoping he would take my route to work, which I soon found he was . Car had no tags, but temps in the window, and I'm looking at his rear bumber and it says Cobra on it. It took a second to register that this was an 03+. While going through a congested area he keeps winding out 2nd a little and I can hear the dam blower whining. I start to get nervous at this time. We come to an intersection which if he turns right like I'm going to, we might be able to tangle a little. He does! He takes off normal and I'm a few cars back. Nothing happens in 1st gear, then when I shift to 2nd he takes off, I follow suit but started a couple cars back. I wound out 2nd and a little of 3rd gear. Seemed to me It was dead even when he got on breaks at about 85 or so. He wasn't pulling away so I was kinda happy. He probably would have if we kept going. If he would have turned left at the next intersection we could have really had a little race but he went right. I gave him a thumbs up as I went by and he grinned at me like he was having fun. Good way to start my night at work. Putting a FM13 in this winter so maybe after that I'll be able to hang more.

Old 10-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Teching In

its fun running into them isnt it. their about the only car around my way that gives me some competition lately. good race/tie anyway. never know what them things are gonna have....350? 550? cant tell till you race em.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

how much power ur car puttin to the wheels?
Old 10-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by santiago
how much power ur car puttin to the wheels?
Never dynoed it before. Best time at the track was 13.3@106. Before I put on my LT's, ORY, and cutout.