Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser rear fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser rear fitment

I have the Moser rearend with the 1350 setup. What is the part # for the 1350/1310 conversion u-joint setup. Also, do any modifications have to be made to the driveshaft length? I've been reading the forums and read tons of complaints on it, so I will be having it doublechecked before the install It sure does look pretty tho.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

I think it's a toss up on the DS length, could be right, could be wrong. If you go to http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/html...o_measure.html they explain exactly what to look for and have diagrams on how to measure. BTW, if your using the stock aluminum DS and also plan on using some sticky tires, I would seriously think about getting a beefed up DS. I see them break about everytime I go to the track.

Dan
Old 10-03-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

The driveshaft length should be fine. Mine was.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Just check it anyway, 5 minutes of your time!!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is it good on some cars and others its not? Who makes the best drive shaft?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

I just know when we did my bro's car, He had to do a custom length after we installed the Moser, stocker was to long. I'll let you know when I finish my Strange install as well. Seems that most people don't have fitment issues, but every now and again people have reported there DS is to long after they already bought an aftermarket DS and installed it. Just like anything you mod on your car, you should just do it right.

I don't know who makes the best DS, but Denny's guarantees their's for life and I haven't heard of a broken one yet. I'm sure most out there have quality pieces.

Dan
Old 10-04-2004, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

I had no fitment issues on my Strange, but I'm curious to see how the Moser fits.

Peace,
Josh
Old 10-04-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DanZ28
I just know when we did my bro's car, He had to do a custom length after we installed the Moser, stocker was to long. I'll let you know when I finish my Strange install as well. Seems that most people don't have fitment issues, but every now and again people have reported there DS is to long after they already bought an aftermarket DS and installed it. Just like anything you mod on your car, you should just do it right.

I don't know who makes the best DS, but Denny's guarantees their's for life and I haven't heard of a broken one yet. I'm sure most out there have quality pieces.

Dan
Cool, thanks dan. I agree with doing things 100% but this car is my DD and the 9" broke me for now. The Dennys DS is pretty cheap too, its like 375 for "the shaft" But for real, is there any advantages of going with a fiberglass/carbon fiber DS?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Cool, thanks dan. I agree with doing things 100% but this car is my DD and the 9" broke me for now. The Dennys DS is pretty cheap too, its like 375 for "the shaft" But for real, is there any advantages of going with a fiberglass/carbon fiber DS?
Don't know about advantage, but they are lite and strong, pricey too. I have heard if they get dented or even nicked, the fiber strands can come apart and the DS is basically hosed, but I'm really not sure about that, does't seem like to many people run them...

Just to clear something up, on my bro's car, the DS would actualluy bolt up, but the DS would bottom out on the input shaft of the tranny if you push down on the rear end, like going over bumps, launching hard on stickies, etc..

Dan
Old 04-26-2005, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i have that same problem right now

the ds does go in but it has like 3/4" of the shaft showing

looks like i need to take an inch off but not sure how much to take

its a tpis 3.5" piece and i ahve a good ds shop by me