Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced an 03/04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced an 03/04 cobra

last night as i was coming home from the local hang out i was cruising down the freeway when i looked in my rear view mirror and noticed a cobra. and next to him was his buddy i guess in a trans am. anyways i couldnt tell what year it was so he starts to play with me by speeding up and slowing down behind me. so he finally pulls up next to me and drops a gear and i throw it into 3rd. ( yes i shift my a4 sometimes) and we start going at it.so we are hauling *** im keeping up with this guy till about 130 and he pulls on me less than a half a car and he shuts it down at 140. i still wanted to keep going but the whole time we were neck and neck till the 130 mark. i know he has some kinda exhaust and he was running on 10.5 black bullets. i gave him the thumbs up but he didnt acknowledge me back. maybe he was surprised how well i kept up and was dissapointed. oh well. thats all. it was awesome tho even tho it wasnt a win it was a DAMN good race!
Old 10-05-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

ford acctually made somthing worth a crap.........wierd huh???????
Old 10-05-2004, 03:03 AM
On The Tree

well lets not give ford to much credit now
Old 12-05-2004, 04:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
last night as i was coming home from the local hang out i was cruising down the freeway when i looked in my rear view mirror and noticed a cobra. and next to him was his buddy i guess in a trans am. anyways i couldnt tell what year it was so he starts to play with me by speeding up and slowing down behind me. so he finally pulls up next to me and drops a gear and i throw it into 3rd. ( yes i shift my a4 sometimes) and we start going at it.so we are hauling *** im keeping up with this guy till about 130 and he pulls on me less than a half a car and he shuts it down at 140. i still wanted to keep going but the whole time we were neck and neck till the 130 mark. i know he has some kinda exhaust and he was running on 10.5 black bullets. i gave him the thumbs up but he didnt acknowledge me back. maybe he was surprised how well i kept up and was dissapointed. oh well. thats all. it was awesome tho even tho it wasnt a win it was a DAMN good race!
Im a month late but I will post anyways. In an auto trans Z28 you will top out at 130 mph in 3rd gear - a.k.a D, That is why you could not take him past 130 you still had the gear shifter in 3rd gear and ran out of gas, that's when you should have shifted to 4th gear a.k.a (D). Before I found out my car died out at 125 in 3rd gear, I was like "what happened" but then I got the info from a poster here and it all made sence. You would have smoked the other car had you shifted to (OD) - a.k.a 4th gear.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98BXR
Im a month late but I will post anyways. In an auto trans Z28 you will top out at 130 mph in 3rd gear - a.k.a D, That is why you could not take him past 130 you still had the gear shifter in 3rd gear and ran out of gas, that's when you should have shifted to 4th gear a.k.a (D). Before I found out my car died out at 125 in 3rd gear, I was like "what happened" but then I got the info from a poster here and it all made sence. You would have smoked the other car had you shifted to (OD) - a.k.a 4th gear.
I'm sure he shifted to OD.

...and you're two months late.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:50 AM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

and you formulate sentences very strangely.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 68maro
Old 12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 68maro
wtf lol