Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Chased down a C5 Vette, damn bald ass tires.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Chased down a C5 Vette, damn bald *** tires.

I hate not having good tires. Anyway heres the story.

Coming back from eating just a few minutes ago there is a blue Vette behind me driving kind of spiritidly so I thought he might want to run but wasnt sure. Well he is behind me at a light and I take off normally and he is right on my ***. When enough room opens up he tries to go around me and is in the throttle when he does it. I had just gone into 2nd and my fears had come to pass when I got in it. The tires just will not grab the damn pavement, they are kind of bald and really need to be replaced. Well anyway I am kind of babying it trying to get traction and all the way through second and I do mean all the way there is no traction. Even though I am spinning it and backing out and back on I am still hodling him from running off and he is about a half a car on me as he got the jump coming around. Well I run out of second gear and go into third at which point I get traction and pull back my half a car and put a couple on him a I see him let out when I go by. I guess he thought I was just another run of the mill SS even though the loud *** true duals should have been a sign. This experience showed me that I can no longer ride around on these bald *** tires and expect to run people down so I am buying some tires tomorrow. Thanks to whoever was in the Vette for making me get off my *** and buy some damn tires.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes you just need a little nudge.