Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

self 4L60E attempt.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:59 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default self 4L60E attempt.

I have a yank TT3000 TC, TransGo HD kit, and Billet 1-2 and Overdrive Servo's to install.

any tips or walls anyone has hit while installing such products?
i got a vague understanding of the valve body and that fun stuff from watching the transgo video.

thanks.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:09 AM
14 Second Truck Club

great.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just make sure to follow the paper instructions for the trango. It will probably differ from the video a bit. The instructions will probably have put things back together slightly different than it came apart also. Put it back together exactly how the instructions show. Do a search for my name in this forum, and you will find more posts on this.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:56 AM
14 Second Truck Club

sweet thanks.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:40 AM
10 Second Club

I recently did the TCI 1-2 /overdrive servo swap..There is no room to pull the whole unit out of the transmission so you'll have to diassemble it as you pull it out of the servo hole..One you pull the outside cover and 4th gear servo there is a retaining clip pull it and the rest of the 1-2 servo will slide off the servo pin...

Pull the pin and the factory spring will fall out that was behind the 1-2 servo..Follow the instructions that came with your servos and reassemble..It took me a couple of hours in my driveway and the results were well worth it..
Old 10-07-2004, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by So Slow
I recently did the TCI 1-2 /overdrive servo swap..There is no room to pull the whole unit out of the transmission so you'll have to diassemble it as you pull it out of the servo hole..One you pull the outside cover and 4th gear servo there is a retaining clip pull it and the rest of the 1-2 servo will slide off the servo pin...

Pull the pin and the factory spring will fall out that was behind the 1-2 servo..Follow the instructions that came with your servos and reassemble..It took me a couple of hours in my driveway and the results were well worth it..
If he's doing the convertor at the same time won't it be easier to do the swap with the trans completely out of the car. I was wondering b/c I will be doing the samething in the near future.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by exstanger
If he's doing the convertor at the same time won't it be easier to do the swap with the trans completely out of the car. I was wondering b/c I will be doing the samething in the near future.

Absolutely...With it out of the car it will take 20 minutes or less to change out..If there was about 1 more inch of room between the servo cover and trans tunnel it would be alot easier also..
Old 10-08-2004, 04:30 AM
14 Second Truck Club

i plan to do it all at the same time thank god. with the converter, i'm supposed to pour some fluid in it first to get it well saturated correct? and spin it a few degrees clockwise?.. or something of that nature.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

I put a quart in my SF3000 before install. I put my servo and shift kit in myself (my stuff is all TCI though) so you shouldn't have a problem at all.