Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JB Weld safe to use on TB blade?

Old 10-06-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JB Weld safe to use on TB blade?

When I first did my cam, a hole was drilled in the TB plate to help the idle(vettes dont have one stock). Now, I'm looking to do all the idle adjustments via the PCM and would like to plug the hole. The opening on each side is angled in to the drill dia. in the center of the plate. If I plug the hole with JB Weld and sand flat, will I run into any potential problems? With the angle, the plug can't move either direction, but if it breaks in the middle, I could see one or both sides being sucked into a chamber). I havent used this stuff very much, so any opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 10-06-2004, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I definitely wouldn't use JB Weld for such an app. Shoot me your address and I'll send you a blade. I probably have 20 factory Vette units in my shop. Just don't JB it, please... If it ever happened to dislodge, you could be looking at a new motor...
Old 10-06-2004, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that it might come off and go into the motor, but that is very unlikely if you prep and scuff the surface well. I would probably find some kind of low-profile screw to put in the hole instead.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

...Or accept my offer of another blade. Should be a no-brainer...Always avoid bandaids like that at all costs. Murphy's Law?.....
Old 10-06-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NoseUpChromeDown
...Or accept my offer of another blade. Should be a no-brainer...Always avoid bandaids like that at all costs. Murphy's Law?.....
Thanks,

I'll be in touch.

Mike

Search this Thread