Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review my LTFT and advise

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Review my LTFT and advise

Here are my fuel trims from about 10 minutes of logging, about 3000 data points.
Overall Average fuel trims according to the computer were -6 and -7

Here are the averages per box.

4: -5 to -6
5: -5 to -8
6: -10 to -12
7: -4 to -12
8: 0 to -2
9: DID NOT HIT THIS BOX
10: -8 to -10
11: -9 to -12
12: DID NOT HIT THIS BOX
13: DID NOT HIT THIS BOX
14: -2 to -4

So.. I am using the LS1 Edit logger so my data collection is not as good as Autotap or HP Tuners.

Am I just to average them all 4-14 or 6-14 and then correct linearly on the IFR table? I got an average of -9.7 for all of the data point.

So do I just go in and lean it up linearly about 3% to bring the average to -5 or -6
OR do I just look at the average as calculated by the computer which is about -6 or -7.. just correct it a little.. like 1% and go with it.

Just looking for some direction on how to approach it.

I have not even attempted WOT.. I do have a boost gage, fuel pressure gage and a zeitronix wide band installed... in case anyone was wondering.. getting 62 psi of fuel pressure with a Racetronix kit installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, since you have one, what is the wideband telling you?

The general consensus is to have your fuel trims 0 or slightly negative for part throttle, especially in the cell just before you go to WOT. This ensures that your WOT trims stay locked at 0, and allows you to tune the WOT mixture from the PE table alone. (positive trims at WOT add an unpredictable amount of fuel and result in varying mixture)

Also, please list your mods.