PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed h/c and 30lb injectors, need startup advice...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed h/c and 30lb injectors, need startup advice...

I just installed a set of AFR 205's, a Comp 224/228 .581/.588 @112las+2, and 30lb injectors on my 99 C5. I have LS1 edit and I have three questions.
1: Should I start it with the old tune -> runs well set for 28.8lb injectors.
2: Should I scale my IFR? I was thinking of multiplying what I have now by 120%
3: Should I alter my VE table for a better idle? Its stock now.
If I should do any of the above what would be your recommendation as to the changes. I'm not looking for a nuts on tune, just a ballpark to get me running ok until I get to the dyno in a week or so.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are those SVO 30lb injectors? If so, they'll flow more than 30lbs with our higher pressure. If you don't adjust your IFR, you'll run very rich and even if you could get it running, I wouldn't risk the chance of washing out your piston rings. Scale your IFR.

Considering your cam, you should at least start with NoGo's VE scaling of 60% of 400, 80% of 800 and 90% of 1200.

Attached is a zipped Excel spreadsheet that should help you out (I wish I could recall the author to give them proper credit).
Attached Files
File Type: zip
tuning_1.0.2.zip (41.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 10-09-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Windy City
Are those SVO 30lb injectors? If so, they'll flow more than 30lbs with our higher pressure. If you don't adjust your IFR, you'll run very rich and even if you could get it running, I wouldn't risk the chance of washing out your piston rings. Scale your IFR.

Considering your cam, you should at least start with NoGo's VE scaling of 60% of 400, 80% of 800 and 90% of 1200.

Attached is a zipped Excel spreadsheet that should help you out (I wish I could recall the author to give them proper credit).
Thanks! Yes, those are SVO's. I scaled the IFR by 120% and just multiplied the VE for 40, 800, & 1200 by 70%. It started right up and idles fine. But it has the issues of that cam. I put it on EFILive at idle today and my LTFT's were +4.9 and +6.3. As soon as I got over 1200 rpm the LTFT's went to zero. When I slow down it drops to around 400rpm and then picks up. I stalled it once and it took a few seconds to start, almost like it wasn't getting enough fuel. I think I am going to set the VE table to the percentage increments as you suggested and play with the IAC to try to get a better A/F at idle. Then I will tap it and try to get the mid-range negative. I'm leaving PE for the dyno when I get there in about a week. I got on it some today and it was like