Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Y pipe vibration?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Y pipe vibration?? HELP

Had my headers installed a couple weeks ago and have had to deal with the y pipe banging against the floor board every time i start moving the car. It will bang the floor board untill about 10 mph then it will stop. Just wondering what i can do about this????? THANKS
Old 10-09-2004, 03:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is actually a pretty common thing with aftermarket Ys. I had trouble with my pacesetter y doing the same thing so i just screwed a thick piece of rubber to the floorpan and now i don't ever hear it. Either something like that or you could put in some poly motor mounts so the engine doesn't move much under torque.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2spd
This is actually a pretty common thing with aftermarket Ys. I had trouble with my pacesetter y doing the same thing so i just screwed a thick piece of rubber to the floorpan and now i don't ever hear it. Either something like that or you could put in some poly motor mounts so the engine doesn't move much under torque.
i had a similar problem with my Y hitting the SFC, after a lil talk all was well.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive thought about that rubber idea. might have to give it a try