Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs Yamaha...place your bets :-)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Me vs Yamaha...place your bets :-)

i just got off work so i was looking for trouble, and i found it while i was driving down west chester pike in the form of a yamaha motorcycle. I stopped at a stop light and saw him turn onto west chester pike. I think as he was turning he must have saw me cause he did a wheel stand and flew down the road...so naturaly i had to answer back . I pulled up next to him and dropped it into 3rd and stepped on it and he took me so i caught up and did it again this time from second and it was the other way around . We hit a stop light and i told him he had a sweet bike and he said "damn man that thing is pretty fast...what u have in it" so i told him and we BS'ed at the light for another couple sec then went on are way. I know he had aftermarket exhaust on it from the way it sounded. That race was awesome best one i ever had. My adrenaline was pumping so fast i pulled into the gas station where my buddy works and was yelling at him that i raced a bike lol...then he told me calm down and shut up lol . Now all i need to do is fix all my exhaust leaks, upgrade the fuel system, new valve springs, boost controller and crank it to 7-8psi and have it LS1 EDIT dyno tuned. Then it will be a beast well just thought i would share
Old 10-09-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome man! Bikes are slow . How much did the STS run you? Can you PM me your thoughs on it and how much? I'd really appreciate it.

Good kill.

Travis
Old 10-09-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice runs! Any idea what model/year?
Old 10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope to kill some bike eventually. Maybe after heads this summer...
Old 10-09-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Nice kill! I am always up around west chester on the weekends, one of my best friends goes to school up there. Last weekend I was driving around and saw a ton of F-bodys at a fast food place, I think it was wendys? Do you ever hang out up there? I'd love to see your car! I want to get a turbo set up on my car, Im leaning towards a custom QMP kit, but I dont have the money for it, a STS kit would be much more affordable, but I still have my doubts on the kit driving it everyday, maybe seeing your car could change my mind.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Your car sounds pretty dam fast. Nice killl on the bike.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Red91vette
Nice kill! I am always up around west chester on the weekends, one of my best friends goes to school up there. Last weekend I was driving around and saw a ton of F-bodys at a fast food place, I think it was wendys? Do you ever hang out up there? I'd love to see your car! I want to get a turbo set up on my car, Im leaning towards a custom QMP kit, but I dont have the money for it, a STS kit would be much more affordable, but I still have my doubts on the kit driving it everyday, maybe seeing your car could change my mind.
yea man shoot me a PM
Old 10-10-2004, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Good Kill ! i'm guessing it was a yzf600 or an R6 maybe? Just watch out for those R1's.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:02 AM
11 Second Club

I second the yzf600.. Possibly a better bike with a worse driver.

Nice Kill,
Josh