Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First race after modding...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default First race after modding...

Got back from Iraq a month ago, and since being back I've added a
LS6 intake Manifold, Kooks LT's, 2.5" TDs', F10-228/228 .575/.575 114LSA Cam, S3ported TB, Spohn Torque Arm, Pro 5.0, and a Spec 3 clutch which had just gone past the break in phase by about 20 miles...

I still need to get the car tuned.

Getting on the freeway, and I hear a turbo blow off, and I look over and its a Evo 8... We line up side by side, he punches it first, I follow as such. We start out we started out side by side comparing the driver seats... he punched it and we were nose to nose, I punched it, and it came back to driver to driver, 60 punch, I droped to third. He shifted first, and I gained a little ground on him, then I shifted, and he kinda came back up all but a foot or so.

Then we hit traffic so we shut down at arround 100. He looked over and gave me the thumbs up once it was all over, and we both went on our way.

I need a tune and I had the T-tops off, but I was just a little disapointed I didn't just destroy him after all my new mods...
Old 10-09-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

welcome back. And good race with the evo, they have alot of potentila being a turbo car so he was prolly modded. Get a tune and go find u another evo
Old 10-09-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't feel bad....I guarantee you that Evo was not stock. When my car was still stock, I raced three different Evo's from a roll, at various speeds, and never had to hard of a time with them. Unfortunately with a turbo'd four-banger like that, mods aren't hard to do and usually yield pretty good results. Get your car tuned and slaughter him. Better yet, find a stock Evo and watch how badly you destroy him. Hope all goes well.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Launching!

I Ordered HP tuner today, so hopefully I have like 75 hidden horsepower.. well thats wishful thinking, but Hopefully when it's all said and done, I'm sitting at 400/400 that will be a nice and sweet for a while at least...

One of those time when a shot of laughing gas would have been nice to come in, when I needed a little extra to finish him off with...