Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 1 LTFTs go positive after I let off

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bank 1 LTFTs go positive after I let off

I recently did some logging and found that my bank 1 LTFTs go extremely poistive, like 20-25, between full throttle shifts and at deacceleration from WOT. However, at part throttle and idle the LTFTs are approx. -3 to -4 and stay negative all the way up to WOT mode, but when I shift bank 1 goes positive until locking at 0 for WOT again in 2nd gear.

Seems like something is wrong. What should I do? Is there an air leak on the bank 1 side, injector problems, or 02 problems?

Thanks for the help!

James
Old 10-10-2004, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Your header is leaking. When you let off the gas it can pull in fresh air and the computer thinks your going lean so it adds fuel...
Old 10-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Billiumss
Your header is leaking. When you let off the gas it can pull in fresh air and the computer thinks your going lean so it adds fuel...
What can I do to check for header leaks? I guess I will check the bolts on the headers for tightness. Other than that, I don't know what to do.

Bank 1 is the diver's side, right?

Thanks
Old 10-10-2004, 11:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Irvine - I have the same problem - but with bank 2.

AND YES Bank 1 is Driver's side.

I haven't had the time to check the actual manifold bolts, but I have checked everything else. That is the only thing I can thinks of is the Headers are coming loose. Again not a biggy since the SS only runs at the track now . It hasn't effect the nitrous runs - yet.

David
Old 10-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Today, I tightened all of my header bolts on both sides. None of them seemed to be really loose. Last time I bolted my headers on, I used a torque wrench. This time, I just tighted the bolts to what I thought was tight. I was able to tighted all bolts between 1/4 and 1/2 turn. Maybe I need new header gaskets.

While I was tightening the header bolts, I changed my spark plugs. They all looked good except for cylinder 8. This cylinder's spark plug had a lot of carbon build up on it. Maybe, that is where my header leak is at.

thanks again for your guys input!

James