Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone that has JetHot headers, please view.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Anyone that has JetHot headers, please view.

I'm concerned mainly the people who bought and installed them about time they were released, but please reply if questions apply. How's the coating holding up, and if anyone has sent them back for the one-time complimentary refinish. How long did it take to get them back. Final question, who had to grind on the k-member or bend the pipes to get them to fit?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have them. They are good quality and I did have to grind the k-member. There is some oxidation down toward the collector and back. They still knock when I floor it. I think I just need new motor mounts. My car has 94,000 miles on it.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:50 AM
10 Second Club

I have a set that was originally bought about 6-10 months after they first came out, they were on my friend's SS that did require some slight K member grinding upon installation. They did start to rust a bit after a few months (semi daily driven car but normally not in bad weather) and were removed and sent back (along with the coated Hooker ORY pipe) under warranty which took about 2-3 weeks total and upon their return I then bought them from him.
I now have basically new (they look great right now) Jet Hots with Hooker Y just waiting for me to finally decide to keep them and put them on LOL.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

No worries here, I say get em. If I had to do it over again i would get kooks but thats only cause my intentions have changed with the car. They are a great header for the price.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

i have them and also had to grind the k member and i also have poly motor mount bushings and the system usually only hits if i go over a pretty decent bump a little to fast, sometimes when i floor it it hits a tad also
Old 10-10-2004, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

I got mine when they first came out, thr primaries have rusted about half way up and the collectors are kinda nasty, but I think they were well worth the price I paid and if I could affford to let my car sit I'd send them back.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can't really remember the date when mine where purchased but they fit with no K member grinding. Both slipped right in pretty easily. Drivers side needed oil filter @ oil diverter plate removed along with the steering shaft. Passenger needed the heat shield along with floor removed. My car is a DD and see's some winter driving also but suprisingly my headers do not have much rust at all on them. The key to keeping them shiny and nice is every oil change go over them with some Eagle One Never Dull polish wadding. This removes all the oxidation and crap that builds up on the headers. It really makes them look new again. Also if you see any wintery mix weather like salt, slush, snow etc get the garden hose out and spray off the collectors after they have cooled down. This will remove all that crap and help keep them from rusting. Overall my JH's have held up very well and I recommend them to anyone.