Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Winter Storage tips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Winter Storage tips?

I'm an new SS owner and seeing I'm in the Great White North, I'm planning for my 1st winter storage. Other "toys" I've had ('76 Spitfire & '95 Camaro conv.) I wasn't as concerned about. Just changed the oil, added Sta-bil to the topped-off tank, pulled the battery and covered it 'til Spring. I plan to hold onto this one for a while (forever, as far as the Wife is concerned) so I need to know what's best. The storage location is clean, w/concrete floor, but unheated. Also, I have to pull the battery, and no access until April, so no "starting" opportunities.

Until I can add a 3rd garage spot to the house, this is my only option. What do you recommend I do?
Old 10-10-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

do a search..you should find everything your looking for.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

all i do is add sta-bil and put a cover on. put it away in october and pull out in april. I dont even disconect the battery, and she fires up on her own every year!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Excuse me for being dumb but what is Sta-bil? I too will be putting mine away for the winter.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by notfastenough
all i do is add sta-bil and put a cover on. put it away in october and pull out in april. I dont even disconect the battery, and she fires up on her own every year!!!
I do the same thing and it seems to work just fine.

BlackMafia gas Stabil will keep the gas fresh over long periods of time so the car will fire right up no problem and the gas won't be like shlack. Just add it before you fill up the tank, drive the car alittle so it makes it through the entire system then put the car away. You can find it at any autoparts stores.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I do the same thing and it seems to work just fine.

BlackMafia gas Stabil will keep the gas fresh over long periods of time so the car will fire right up no problem and the gas won't be like shlack. Just add it before you fill up the tank, drive the car alittle so it makes it through the entire system then put the car away. You can find it at any autoparts stores.
Hey thanks for the info bro. Looks like I'll be picking some up BTW...nice ride man
Old 10-11-2004, 11:52 AM
10 Second Club

Your welcome and Thanks!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:15 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM I was up in your area this past weekend, hoping I'd hear/see ya again. Didn't happen though....when do you put her to sleep? I think I might go for a storage unit this year, as I've added too many toys in the garage..
Old 10-11-2004, 03:24 PM
10 Second Club

Yea, today was the first day I have driven it in a week and a half (hit 20,000 miles today!). Not sure when I'm putting it away, I'm doing track rental at NED on Wen and might do another one at the end of the month, hopefully I can get a 10.99 out of it. I'm not sure if I'm getting a storage unit this year, I might just let it sit in the driveway until I can afford an enclosed trailer in the middle of winter.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:24 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! I'm a 100 miles away from 17k right now... Is your track rental full? I could use the practice, I've only been to the track 3 times. I ran once for the first time and went 13.3 stock. Then with bolt ons I hit a bunch of 13s and a 12.8, I could use some advice. Let me know if you've got an extra spot. I might be able to swing it before I ehad off to school.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

Not sure if tommorows is full, you'd have to call NED to check. It's $100 and you get to run on a perfect track from 1-5. I'll let you know if I sign up for a later date too.

Quick Reply: Winter Storage tips?