Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Civic

Got a late call last night, well late enough for me to be in bed to knock off with a buddies newly acquired Civic Hatchback. I'll just say what I was told he had, since I have no clue what this stuff is. Built B18 (Integra Motor??), some big turbo @ 6psi and I'm guessing some other stuff. Not your typical riced out Civic though which was a plus. Anyways, I learn before hand he ran a buddies LT1 Z, w/ 4.10s, intake and exhaust, traction hurt him though and he got taken by a few cars. Little skeptical now... He asked to go out on the highway, I'm like I'm not runnin you from a roll yet . First run, got him out the hole by maybe a half a car to a car, he shut down around 110 I suppose and he was coming up right along side of me. 2nd run, he wanted to go from a 40 roll, so I'm game, no telling what will happen. Rollin around in 2nd, both punch it and to some avail I jump maybe half a car out and hold him there till he shuts down. Now honestly I'm somewhat on the 2nd one, I figured I'd get pulled on a bit but it didnt happen. Now all I have as far as performance is a lid. Just thought I'd post it up. He's supposed to get it tuned and up the boost to 10 pounds. Looks like I need to start modding.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deep2k2
some big turbo @ 6psi
big turbo does not = 6psi or even 10psi haha....but good kill nonetheless
Old 10-10-2004, 11:12 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a Turbo civic on the highway the other day. He wouldn't even look over at me, he was on my left side coming out of a toll booth right next to me and I watched him pick up his cell phone and hesitate to give that ******* some gas

Had piece of **** fiberglass bumpers, flapping in the wind of course. Looked like someone had sanded the body in various random spots with 80 grit sand paper.

Man, ******* hate those cars, to top it off he had a big "my creation" sticker on his rear window...

Nice kill BTW.. haha
Old 10-11-2004, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

Just stating what a few friends said about the turbo thing. I know if it would of had more boost it would of been time to start modding in a hurry.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Ok either your buddy can't drive, he doesn't have a b18, or his car is running like complete **** because a b18 (assuming it's a b18c1) with a big turbo cranking 6 psi in a car that weighs less than 2000 pounds should've walked you....Only reason i say this is because my buddy has a 96 Civic Hatchback with a naturally aspirated B18 with some mild mods like headers/intake/exhaust and it does the 1/4 mile in 13.2 and it can hold with my camaro pretty damn well. A lot of n/a b18's can get into the mid 12's. Slap a turbo @ 6 psi on a mildly built b18 and you are well into the 12's. But your friend claims a built motor! So i dunno what's going on...But anyway GOOD KILL!!

Last edited by Chevy4Life; 10-11-2004 at 10:00 PM.