Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Member to the Forums

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member to the Forums

Hey Everyone.

I have a 2002 NHRA Limited Edition Trans Am...

She is my baby, and I'm very fortunate and happy to drive her. I have noticed that a lot of you have done some amazing things to your F-Body's and it intrigued me to become a member of the forums.

I plan on turning my car into a Show car, and am very eager to see how great I can make it look.

Take a look at the car here:
"Http://www.cardomain.com/transamnhra"

Guys I really need your help, as I am clueless as to where to start....

I believe that in order to start making it a "Show car" I should first buy a ws6 hood for it....

Another thing that leaves me torn, is that I was going to buy some Nitto 555R's, but then I started thinking that I have the 16" stock wheels on there, and maybe I should get some 18" rims or something like that (feedback is very welcomed).... I really loved what another member of these forums did with buying "Forgeline GT3's"....Anyway, i hope to make friends with all of you that i can benifit and learn from, and feel free to contact me so I can put you on My buddy list on AIM "dj tremo"

Other than that, leave some comments....Thanks.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:33 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This is a great place to not only share your knowledge but to learn a lot from everyone else.....There is not a day that goes by that I don't log on for at least a few minutes.

It's a common "stereotype" for these cars that only the cool 'birds have Ram Air. If I were you, I'd leave the standard hood on the car. It's not as common, and it's just something that you don't see much of at car shows. I attend a lot of shows, and rarely do I see them. I just like to be different....
Old 10-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Fiery Features Director

The key to having a show car is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! The majority of car shows judge based on your attention to detail. If you want a show car, then you should start with a can of polish and cleaning supplies. Then I would suggest working on the wheels. Good luck and nice car!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Come on guys! I need more tips than this!
Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Seriously, clean is the key. I see lots of nice cars that have money in them but are not clean. Folks who have cars that you can "eat off of" get the attention, than start adding good looking mods to the car...and do it with good taste.

And welcome! It is fun being part of this board, lots of great cars and most of all good people.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome. Time and patience.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Welcome!
Old 10-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, very clean car and changes that make the car look like it should have come that way from the factory. Take mine for example
Old 10-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Anybody else? with suggestions....
Old 10-12-2004, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your car needs to be clean and you need eye candy, so that people can distinguish your car from other cars similiar to it. Check out my website and you'll see what I mean.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Launching!

With all the great show cars on here, I expected more suggestions and ideas.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

you want ideas?
not sure what your budget is, but for appearance....here it goes:

custom leather interior (billet door sills, custom carpet and floor mats)
new wheels and tires (iforged, HRE, Kinesis, Fikse) 18" or 19"
a "unique" hood (superhawk outlaw for example)
clean engine bay (complete with wire mod)
perhaps a custom paint job (not sure if you want to go that route with a "limited edition") some do, some don't
flush mounted headlights

i'd have to agree with all the other posts..... keep it clean. also check out bfranker's site for other possibilities.

how's that?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:07 AM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by FLTransAm02
With all the great show cars on here, I expected more suggestions and ideas.
Try the search feature on this site. If it's already been said, a lot of times no one wants to repeat it over and over again....

Kind of pushy for only having four posts if you ask me.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ritchie
you want ideas?
not sure what your budget is, but for appearance....here it goes:

custom leather interior (billet door sills, custom carpet and floor mats)
new wheels and tires (iforged, HRE, Kinesis, Fikse) 18" or 19"
a "unique" hood (superhawk outlaw for example)
clean engine bay (complete with wire mod)
perhaps a custom paint job (not sure if you want to go that route with a "limited edition") some do, some don't
flush mounted headlights

i'd have to agree with all the other posts..... keep it clean. also check out bfranker's site for other possibilities.

how's that?
Thats great bro, I like that hood a lot! I appreciate it
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Try the search feature on this site. If it's already been said, a lot of times no one wants to repeat it over and over again....

Kind of pushy for only having four posts if you ask me.

Without provoking hostility...
1) If you do not feel like helping out and saying something positive then why did you say anything in the first place?

2)"Kind of pushy" ? Most of the time people like to help fellow F-Body owners, and are quick to get involved. Your saying because I had "4" posts, I cannot ask and urge input from people that have been down the road I am trying to go down?

Your a great contribution to the forums, but maybe I should stop talking and wait to ask people for ideas until I'm over 1,000 posts?

Old 10-14-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

You should use the search function. Otherwise, you are going to make people not want to help you. Attitude doesn't get you too far on this, or any other, site. You will be considered pushy if you keep going at the rate you are.

Here is some help on your finish (the most important aspect):

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=28

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=25

Many great articles on www.bettercarcare.com

TONS of information on www.autopia.org
Old 10-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

FLTransAm02 - y2k_ta is saying something positive, hes saying you should use the search button if you want immediate answers; it is there for a reason. y2k_ta was also the 1st person to give you any input in this post also.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:04 PM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by FLTransAm02
Without provoking hostility...
1) If you do not feel like helping out and saying something positive then why did you say anything in the first place?

2)"Kind of pushy" ? Most of the time people like to help fellow F-Body owners, and are quick to get involved. Your saying because I had "4" posts, I cannot ask and urge input from people that have been down the road I am trying to go down?

Your a great contribution to the forums, but maybe I should stop talking and wait to ask people for ideas until I'm over 1,000 posts?

Take my comments however you wish. I was just offering some sound advice from someone who has been there. You make it sound as if my entire reply was negative, but I in fact did say something positive to you. I gave the suggestion of using the search feature. I see lots of posts that never get replies because they're dead topics that have been asked repeatedly. The search feature is a great way to gain knowledge that has already been discussed, hashed out, tested, etc....

The number of posts isn't the issue. It just pays to be kind to others early on though to avoid making enemies later down the road.

I wish you the best of luck with your car, and I hope you get all the info you need from this site.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Welcome!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Take my comments however you wish. I was just offering some sound advice from someone who has been there. You make it sound as if my entire reply was negative, but I in fact did say something positive to you. I gave the suggestion of using the search feature. I see lots of posts that never get replies because they're dead topics that have been asked repeatedly. The search feature is a great way to gain knowledge that has already been discussed, hashed out, tested, etc....

The number of posts isn't the issue. It just pays to be kind to others early on though to avoid making enemies later down the road.

I wish you the best of luck with your car, and I hope you get all the info you need from this site.
Thanks, If no hostility was intended on your part, then none on mine either. I am a member of other F-body forums, and I guess it may be the age (16) that explains why I am "pushy" and "eager" to get responses to my questions. I'm not here to make enemies, however if I cannot obtain useful information from the site than there is no reason to be here.

however, thank you guys for the input on the car, and I have found many of your suggestions useful (I really like the hood as stated above).

So I appologize for jumping the gun, and hopefully I can find more useful information, and make friends with some of you.

Quick Reply: New Member to the Forums