Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-body coil relocation on a C5...

Old 10-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-body coil relocation on a C5...

Aloha gang,
I did a search and read most of the coil relocation threads.I love it and will do it one way or the other.I don't have the room under the cowl that the f-bodies have.i will still try to fab a couple brackets to fit there.
Nothing like looking thru a c5 motor gallery,and all the motors look the same,some have a little air brush,or custom colors,but when theres that many,they still look alike.

Question,..did the stock wiring harness to the packs reach the brakets under the cowl?Or did it come with extensions?If worse comes to worse,i'll put the coil packs up on the front side of the radiator shroud and extend the wiring harness,use cut to fit 8.8 mm wires,and hope it doesn't effect the current or resistance to the coils.
Heres a pic of what iv'e done so far.I will polish the new fuel rails (changing them next month with cam job).Leaving all the red....red...i will eventually change the valve covers,but polished or chrome will be the choice.Not liking the oil filler spout either..Thanks for any input..Huge picture click here....

Old 10-12-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good...I did the Thunder Racing coil relocation and the stock wiring harness was long enough to easily reach the coil packs under the cowl...
Old 10-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool...
If i have to run the coils up front,i will have to extend the harness,but it looks like it will reach the area under the cowl like you just said,Which is only a few inchs,so i won't be able to hide them completly,but at least they'll be off the valve covers.
Mahalo bro..
Old 10-13-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you remove the coils and wiring from the mounting bracket and untape the harnesses, you should be able to grab a little extra slack...just be sure to mark the connectors with the appropriate cylinder number.

Search this Thread