Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ory Cutout Location

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ory Cutout Location

I have a KOOKS ORY on a f-body. Whats the best cutout location? I want to do 1 3" manual cutout.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTYSON
I have a KOOKS ORY on a f-body. Whats the best cutout location? I want to do 1 3" manual cutout.
Just like everyone else that runs a single cutout. The best position is in the i-pipe right before it starts to bend to go over the axle. Theres a little cubbyhole right under the rear seat for it.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
Just like everyone else that runs a single cutout. The best position is in the i-pipe right before it starts to bend to go over the axle. Theres a little cubbyhole right under the rear seat for it.
Cool, another question. If i swedge the cutout slightly and use band clamps like my headers can i get away without welding it in?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DTYSON
Cool, another question. If i swedge the cutout slightly and use band clamps like my headers can i get away without welding it in?
It depends on the size of your i-pipe. If it's the stocker, you may able to slip fit it and use bandclamps.

What exhaust system are you running? It might not be worth the hassle since it only costs like $20 to have a shop weld it in for you.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
It depends on the size of your i-pipe. If it's the stocker, you may able to slip fit it and use bandclamps.

What exhaust system are you running? It might not be worth the hassle since it only costs like $20 to have a shop weld it in for you.
Its the original SLP exhaust. Maybe your right.