Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

smog Qs

Old 10-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smog Qs

being new to the LS1 arena i've got a couple questions.. i did a search and didn't quite get a definative answer.. i have a 98 SS. if i get an LS6 intake and 2000+ headers(sans egr) and leave the EGR solenoid just not hooked up can I have it tuned out? it'd be nice to clean up the engine bay a bit with out the plumbing. I'm used to working with much older cars (84-88) which i just piggy backed tuning modules with the ECM and worked around everything i didnt want any more. Is that possible with LS1edit or the like?
Old 10-13-2004, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SSick
if i get an LS6 intake and 2000+ headers(sans egr) and leave the EGR solenoid just not hooked up can I have it tuned out? it'd be nice to clean up the engine bay a bit with out the plumbing. Is that possible with LS1edit or the like?
Yes. You may as well remove the EGR stuff (and AIR) completely as well, makes the engine bay look even cleaner yet and saves some weight off the nose. :yup:

Search this Thread