Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

???'s about hoods

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question ???'s about hoods

well, it's possible that i will be replacing my hood very soon, and i need some information about some different hoods. if you wanna read the story behind replacing the hood (it's somewhat long), check here: My Story

who do you guys think makes the best SS-Style hood out there (other than GM)? American Sports Car Design, RKSport, Suncoast Creations, Harwood, or these guys: VFN Fiberglass? I'm looking for a bolt-on solution, not a pin-on.

does anyone know of a 2" - 3" cowl hood that has more fluid drops on the side of the cowl, instead of just dropping off sharply on the sides?

and does anyone that has experience with SLP's Ultra-Z or Suncoast Creations' Z-Style hoods have any info/advice (build quality, proper fitment, known problems) that they can give me about them?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search this has been done to death.
But I have the UltraZ hood on my car,(I got it used)the hood looked like the ocean when I got it.Took the bodyshop along time to make it smooth(thank god I know the owner or it would have been very expensive to fix).
The fitment of the hood was very good.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Launching!

i had the same question not long ago i ended up ordering the rk sport ss hood but havent received it yet. theres a guy named mako 22 i think on here that has the rk sport hood on a blue camaro his fits really well and looks good
Old 10-15-2004, 09:21 PM
R.I.P. November 11, 2007

There is a pretty good sale going on in the sponsor section, also with a free hood raffle.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sweet....thanks for letting me know about that....i just entered