PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

predator tuning.car is rich

Old 10-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy predator tuning.car is rich

Hi! New guy is here.Please help. Car backfires like crazy.Can i fix this broblem with predator ? If yes,please telle me how.What exactly i have to do.All of this after long tube header and cats install.Thanks in advance.

mods:SLP L.T. hi flo cats,corsa 3'',fast toys ram air,ls1 lid,k&n,delfi maf ,msd wires,pro5o,short stick,4:10 pr.g.bmr lower contr.arms,bmr sbfm, bmr pen.rd,ta gurdle with stud kit.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

It's probably the LT's making you run rich, not the predator tune. Either way you should ba able to fix it with the predator. I don't know enough about it to walk you through it, but try searching. I think someone did a write-up a while back on basic predator tuning. You can also get a custom predator tune done if you don't feel comfortable messing with it yourself. Try this site: http://www.diablosporttuning.com/forums/

Good Luck!
Old 10-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks.I am sure its LT's. Does anyone actualy used predator for custom tuning? And what resolts did you get?
Old 10-17-2004, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

I have not done it myself, but I've read that others have with good results.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

First of all is it just back firing on decel or all the time. Secondly, you can contact Johan@diablosport.com for an adjustment to your tune. It is possible your Cat Over Temp is running all the time making the car rich (not sure if you need the COT with high flow cats). Also, have you taken a look at your O2s to see what they look like at WOT?
Old 10-17-2004, 08:57 AM
On the tree

You can go into the modify part of the predator and adjust the tune. Do this:

tune it- enter through all of the warnings.

modify tune- enter through some more warnings...

set paramaters- this is where you cana adjust things. When you go into fuel enrichment I would move it towartds the left side (-) maybe 1% at a time. When done hit the button in the middle and you should go back to the list of parameters screen. Then if there is anything else you want to adjust then do the same. Rememeber after doing the adjustment you have to hit the middle button. When done you hit the ESC button and it will ask you if you want to install the file. Click yes/ok and wait for the upload like normal. I have done it several times including a custome tune from Johan @ diablo himself. When I got rid of my cats I had him turn of my COT function and all of the rear O2 codes. I would recommend doing the modify tune on a dyno with exhuast gas reading so you can watch it the live data mode and make sure you are not getting any KR and to watch you O2's.

Search this Thread