Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

just installed my m/t drag radials!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 07:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed my m/t drag radials!!

i just installed my 275/50/15 mickey thompson drag radials and i must say that they are the best tire i have ever owned. they bite soo hard and my car doesnt bog off the line. i think for the power i am making it was a good decision to go with a 26 inch tall tire. i was testing them out yesterday and rolling in first gear at like 5k and punched it and they hooked with no tire spin. unbelievable traction and hopefully they dont break my differential this saturday when i go to the track. those of you looking to buy drag radials, these are the ones you want. forget nitto, bf goodrich, obsolete design, etc.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know those are spankin new, but how long are those supposed to last(miles)?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

i spoke to several people from m/t and they said that they should be good for 10-12k miles. not as much as nittos of course, but i am not buying tires to make sure they last me. alot of it has to do with how often you burnout. i dont burnout on the streets or anything like that and i go to the track may be once every four to five months. i am praying to see a 1.7 or 1.8 60ft this weekend.