Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV Question

Ok, I know this has probably been asked alot on this board and I did use the search but I have a question i didnt get answered in my search.

Today while racing a friend, white smoke was coming out of the back like crazy. so we suspected the pcv problem. popped the hood and there was Oil all over the firewall and the back side of the intake manifold and all around it.(which is abnormal) and i said i should check the T/b and yes there was oil coming out of it.

Plus the motor died on me.

Now I want to do the pcv mod first thing this week but other than removing the intake manifold and tb and cleaning out everything from the oil and doing the pcv mod, is there anything else i should do ?

Thanks.

Mahmood
Old 10-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope! Looks like you covered everything you should need to do. Just remember to always keep an eye out for other suspects... Im sure you hit the nail right on the head, the nail being the pcv. Other than the pcv mod, check into deleting the pcv and running a breather by itself, or you could run both. Its your choice, many people have tried all the popular ways and its just what works for you ans your engine. Myself Im running just the breather with the pcv deleted entirely, no problems at all. GoodLuck