Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about Sweet Thunder

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? about Sweet Thunder

Hi everyone. I'm finally going to be ordering a pair of sweet thunder mufflers for my 3" true dual system, but I have a few questions before I order them. Is there any sound difference between the 18" aluminized steel and the 18" stainless steel at all? Also which one is the way to go for a deeper, louder, best overall sound - the general use version or the custom upgrade version? I am so confused about this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NightKidWS6
Hi everyone. I'm finally going to be ordering a pair of sweet thunder mufflers for my 3" true dual system, but I have a few questions before I order them. Is there any sound difference between the 18" aluminized steel and the 18" stainless steel at all? Also which one is the way to go for a deeper, louder, best overall sound - the general use version or the custom upgrade version? I am so confused about this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just ordered my 18" as well, for a 2.5" system. The stainless is aesthetic only...should not be any difference in sound. For deeper and louder sound, go basic. The upgraded is more mellow.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

I went with the 18'' SS regular version & it's very deep sounding, couldn't be happier with mine.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you so much! You have just made my decision easier! Probably will be ordering mine tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you so much! You have just made my decision easier! Probably will be ordering mine tomorrow. Can't wait!
Let us know how you're liking it.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

As soon as I get it installed you can be sure to see a first hands impression of them.