Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

macewen overlays

Old 10-17-2004, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default macewen overlays

Has anyone used the hvac and headlight overlays from macewen? How do they look? I've gotten some overlays before that were shitty. What do ya'll think about them?
www.macewenmotorsports.com
Old 10-17-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Man this guy revoulutionized the way overlays should be made. The kits are awesome and are great thick quality. I believe they are also removable and able to be stuck on again with out losing tackyness for up to 5 years. I have both sets, HVAC and headlight and the gauge cluster. You will not find a better gauge cluster design anywere. the holles are cut just big enough that you can actually slide the right over the needles and the needle hub w/out removing the needles. The hole is so perfect you can not tell at all once applied. Ryan designed them like this on purpose because when you have to remove needles like on other overlay companys it is a bith to put the back in the correct place as far as getting the settings right non needle removal is the way to go. you take the needles and turn them up at 12 o'clock and slide them right on, rest assured the the hole is cut out perfectly to slide over the hub with out showing any gap when it is said and done here are some pics of mine.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

These aren't the best of pictures and don't do them justice by any means. I did forget to mention that they also retain the factory illumination which is exactly what I wanted for my trans am because I love the red. He has the overlays available in white and silver silver is what I chose if you can't tell from the pics.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend and I have the silver faced gauges in our Hawks and they are great.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have the whole kit. from the gauge overlay to the hvac to the light switch. I really like them. I dont have pics of them all I have pics of are the gauges. When I get home Ill get some taken. I need to post up too.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

I used his HVAC, Headlight, & Shifter overlays - installed easily, fit perfect, and look great!

Only thing I noticed was that the lighting was noticeably dimmer with his overlays due to the fact that they install over your factory overlays. This adds another thickness of plastic and reduces the amount of light getting thru.

He provided me with brighter bulbs to solve the problem. I don't know if he included these with his overlays - but ask him about brighter bulbs when you call - he should know the correct ones.

-Jay-
Old 10-18-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the speedo overlays and they were great quality and easy to install..
Old 10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

So they light up red? I have a different set of gauges in which the numbers light up blue. Would the hvac and light switch being a different color look stupid?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blu98ta
So they light up red? I have a different set of gauges in which the numbers light up blue. Would the hvac and light switch being a different color look stupid?

I think so but he does sell different color bulbs to fix that problem I belive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: macewen overlays