Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Urgent: WS6 questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent: WS6 questions

Ok I found a black/black ws6 6speed. its a 2001, has 46k on it, for 18k. I know it sounds a bit expensive but its at a dealer (and its rare and they know it). I dont really want to buy from a dealer but its going to make my life so much easier, I kind of have to get from a dealer, but anyways...

in a black/black should the carpet and trunk be gray? this threw me off a bit, I thought the whole thing should be black, I hope someone didnt try a conversion .

And what are the bumpers made out of? it looks like it got curbed, but I cant tell if the bumper itself needs replacing, or if it just bent like plastic and cracked the paint.

Also do the airbags always stick out a bit? I hope they never got deployed.

Check out these photos please and let me know what you guys think about this.... One side of me says its very hard to find this car (exactly what im looking for in a T/A if I opt out of a vette) AND its at a dealer, with warranty for 3month/3k miles, but do I really want to spend 18k and say well I need to do this and this and itll be all good? the pictures make everything look worse then they were, unless your looking for flaws you wont notice it.

But how much would having a shop respray it cost? they dont want to budge on the price, they arent afraid to keep it around for a while.

So other then a few small chips, the bumper, and a stolen/messed up antenna (yea look at that pic, how easy is that to fix? it didnt want to go all the way back in) its VERY clean and very nice car, the interior is perfect, I couldnt find any problems inside.

all input welcomed.... http://community.webshots.com/user/generalchaos25
Old 10-18-2004, 10:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good to me, to respray a bumper is around 250 for a good job here in oklahoma, with a hook up through my car club, the most i was quoted when i had my front bumper resprayed was 350, the diff color carpet in the back is a lil weird, my airbags are barly raised, but it seems like a good deal

EDIT: I didnt see the pictures of the carpet on the back deck, i just went off what u said.

Last edited by 98NBM_TransAm; 10-18-2004 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

the carpet looks right to me man...

and just a side note: the interior isn't black - it's charcoal, the darkest offered.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

IMO i would never give 18k for that car, thus the interior looks pretty clean but the exterior if pretty beat up (prolly nothin some paint couldnt fix).

as for the carpet they are all that color where the TTops go (assuming thats is the carpet your talkin bout)

IMO id keep lookin for a better deal
Old 10-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

im kinda leaning at moving on, just the odds of finding something like that again at a dealer is so slim. Finding them at dealers here is a fat chance as is, wish I had better, easier loan options for myself.

Not liking the carfax to much either, was a lease car, and the oil changes were always at 10k+, unless they did some their self. Now I know the car can technically do 10k per change, but should stick to 3k or less IMO.

decisions decisions.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:30 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The dashboard, a-pillar trim, t-top trim, and center console were black on all 98-02 Camaros and Firebirds. The carpet, seats, b-pillar trim, and hatch-area trim were taupe, charcoal, ebony, etc....

The "wheel-well age" you mention isn't age at all. That's just the way the undercoating was sprayed. It's perfectly normal.

Now the antenna is definitely missing. Depending on how long it's been missing could determine whether there's rust in the spare tire wheel well or not. I'd have a look in there. You can get replacement power antennas for the 'birds all day long on ebay. Or you could do like I did and buy a generic power antenna at Autozone. It's chromed, so it looks cool with the chrome wheels on my car.

Since it's rained on the car, that's a good time to check for any major leaks from the t-top area. Now a little leak is to be expected, but look for major leakage.

All in all it looks like a great car. The road rash is to be expected as well, so I wouldn't let that keep you from getting it if it's what you really want. Certainly try to talk them down on the price though.....
Old 10-18-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If they don't budge on the price see if you can get them to fix some of that stuff. I mean, c'mon how much does one center cap cost. If it were me, i'd move on. Don't settle ,you'll regret it.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
The "wheel-well age" you mention isn't age at all. That's just the way the undercoating was sprayed. It's perfectly normal.
Yea It wasnt a picture to point out anything wrong, it was just hard to see in, so I took a picture, I ment wellage, kinda of like uhh....well I cant think of a proper example, was just stating more wheel well pics.

I dont mind a chips and stuff, that is going to happen...hardly any car with 46k will be perfect.

But what about the oil change intervals? according to the carfax check https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228650 (the second VIN checked) it had 10k+ intervals between change if it was only done at the service center.

And I might consider it if they would knock down $300-400 to cover the repair, unless I could call insurance and say I did it but that would probly jack up my coverage cost more then it is already.

Im tired of buying problem cars though, so even if this is my goldmine as to say, I'll have to pass if its going to be a problem.

Time to start my hunt I guess, im really good at finding rare cars, but when its dealer only, gonna be a new level of difficulty.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

whats "rare" about a black/black ws6?

I have one, and theres an 02 at a dealership 15 miles from me.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
The dashboard, a-pillar trim, t-top trim, and center console were black on all 98-02 Camaros and Firebirds.
it's still not black.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm sellin mine:

2000 t/a

mods include:

slp lid
eastside p&p maf ends,
slp bellows
mac headers
off road y pipe
slp loudmouth
eastside ls1 edit
egr & air delete
spec stg. 3 clutch only 400 miles on it
Americian racing tourque thrust 2's
BFG drag radials w/ 400 miles on them
custom embroidered headrests & floormats
tons of mba products chrome covers and shift ****
custom intake sheild
leather
power everything
t tops
lous short stick w/ hurst shifter
brand new crossdrilled and slotted rotors and hawk pads on all 4's
custom painted calipers and decals
car had 29000 miles on it
never seen rain of snow barely even clouds!
dyno number are 352 rwhp 354 tq
best track time without clutch and drag radials was a 13.01 @ 109 w/ 2.0 60' time

pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/70535766SVGDtz

asking $18000 obo

price includes all parts listed above that are on car and also all the stock parts that have been taken off.

email: kula196@aol.com
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

o ya it is black on black leather. everything is mint on the inside and out.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe where your at its not that rare, but ive only seen a total of two black/black M6 around me, a whole whopping 2, private sellers or not. Ive looking inside and out of sales mags and everything, and they arent around here.

And I wish I could go private party but I cant, I need a cosigner at this moment and I have a willing one, but she doesnt want all the bs banks gave us last times we got loans, so if i go to a dealer is 5 lines of info from me, 5 from her, 30 minutes later we have an answer and out the door we go.

Now I wish I could get an answer on the engine lol.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's a good looking car, but IMO it's not worth $18K. The black/black WS6 isn't that hard to find, even if you want to go through a dealer. You may have to travel a little bit to get it, but if the deal is right it will be worth it. I took a bus 20 hours to pick up my car, dont' regret it at all. At the same time I passed up 3 or 4 local dealerships because they wanted to much and wouldn't budge. I'm not sure where you're located, but look around, it'll pay off.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

dont buy it, if the dealership is too cheap to fix whats wrong with it i wouldnt do business with them.

go here
http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com/

apply with your cosigner, and youll get an answer back in like 10 mins.
then go to the vehicle classifieds on here and find a car.
here https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/198089-2000-firehawk-sale-texas.html

theres a firehawk. black black m6, a hell of a lot more rare than a ta. and 3100 cheaper
Old 10-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

yea I decided to not get it from the dealer, so the search continues
Old 10-19-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

good choice just keep lookin you'll find one thats in better shape and prolly cheaper.........good luck
Old 10-19-2004, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i agree, for 18k, the one kulablkta has for sale is what an 18k t/a should look like.
the one at the dealership, i didn't see any of the badges that say ws-6 on the bumper or anything, and the wheels didn't look like they came from a ws-6 either.
maybe someone else could take a look and make sure someone didn't buy a hood for a normal bird and just say it's a ws-6. anyone else with a ws-6 have those style wheels?
on the good side, it looks like it comes with a hurst shifter package.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xttc2000
dont buy it, if the dealership is too cheap to fix whats wrong with it i wouldnt do business with them.

go here
http://www.capitaloneautofinance.com/

apply with your cosigner, and youll get an answer back in like 10 mins.
then go to the vehicle classifieds on here and find a car.
here https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198089

theres a firehawk. black black m6, a hell of a lot more rare than a ta. and 3100 cheaper
Last year I saw a stock 2000 ws6 with 5,300 miles on it on ebay for 18000. Applied at www.capitaloneautofinance.com and was approved in about 15 minutes. they sent me a blank chech 2 days later. flew to washington and drove it home.
Id pass on that one. my car is totly clean. still smelled like fresh leather inside. be patient or you will regret it
Old 10-19-2004, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah 4.39% financing....super easy. atleast give it a try

Quick Reply: Urgent: WS6 questions