Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TSP Magic Stick Dyno Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TSP Magic Stick Dyno Results!!!

Here's the dyno results from Eddie's 00 Z28 Magic Stick & LS6 Intake Install.

Eddie can jump on here & tell us about his mods, but here's is the results from adding the Magic Stick & the ls6 intake

Not a bad gain for just two mods & a tune
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on, more details Eddie When are you going to the track with it?
Old 10-19-2004, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Auto or M6? Stock heads?
Old 10-19-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice number more details Eddie plz
Old 10-19-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

Nice!
Old 10-19-2004, 12:31 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Very nice! Makes similar numbers as my HC combo!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

dude..all these cars from all these shops make unbelievable crazy *** figures. always, you will never ever ever ever see a shop in here that can bust out with low rwhp numbers and good track numbers.. they never truely tell u what the car has. they just flash the rwhp figures so everyone can drool and then they go to the track running super low times without truely telling you what the hell it is that they did.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:39 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^
With specs like these: 237/242, .603"/.609", 113 LSA

The figures on the dyno are very do-able.
The MS3 is a great cam.
350rwtq already at 3100rpms - that kicks ***!
Old 10-19-2004, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

i might swap out my tr224 and put that big *** monster cam in mine. however, the pos stock heads on 98-99 ls1s are gonna keep me from ever getting to those figures.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

eddies mods are
hooker long tubes
true dauls with eldebrock mufflers
asp pully
jantzer TB
TR maf ends
lid.
stock heads
spec 3i
stock rear 3:42s
m6

sorry eddie but i couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore. now get a real rear end and maybe we can go double or nothing on that $20.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:34 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
dude..all these cars from all these shops make unbelievable crazy *** figures. always, you will never ever ever ever see a shop in here that can bust out with low rwhp numbers and good track numbers.. they never truely tell u what the car has. they just flash the rwhp figures so everyone can drool and then they go to the track running super low times without truely telling you what the hell it is that they did.
Texas Speed's old black z28 dyno'd something like 408rwhp and ran 10.8X or so, this was stock bottom end, heads/cam, no power adder of course.

Lynda Cain's car dyno'd right about there as well, she's mid-high 10's last I heard too. That's just 2 cars with parts from one shop....Throw in all the tons of other examples from all the other shops now.

Get used to it, it takes mods to put numbers down at the track or on the dyno. If you want bigger numbers, throw some cash into your ride!! Use your imagination. Most cars that dyno huge or run very fast at the track have a little bit of everything! If it didn't cost money and take mods to go fast, EVERYONE would do it.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Matt you better get back to work man!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 10-19-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Not A V8
Texas Speed's old black z28 dyno'd something like 408rwhp and ran 10.8X or so, this was stock bottom end, heads/cam, no power adder of course.

Lynda Cain's car dyno'd right about there as well, she's mid-high 10's last I heard too. That's just 2 cars with parts from one shop....Throw in all the tons of other examples from all the other shops now.

Get used to it, it takes mods to put numbers down at the track or on the dyno. If you want bigger numbers, throw some cash into your ride!! Use your imagination. Most cars that dyno huge or run very fast at the track have a little bit of everything! If it didn't cost money and take mods to go fast, EVERYONE would do it.
well that is understood that it takes money to go fast, but my point is that there are alot of cars there with hp figures but what is funny is that when u guys run tests on all of these cams there is never a detailed description of what the car has. for example, nothing is rarely mentioned about the weather, humidity, was it hot? cold? at night? weight reductions or anything else done to the suspension.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

there are little things that i know are done to these cars that are always unspoken. weather is a major factor and hardly ever spoken for when testing a car out at the track. suspension mods usually listed are tq arm, lcas and subframe connectors..how about k members? a members?? front sway bar removed perhaps? is it full interior? i mean these are all factors that can help you out in dropping your et. if they were not important then dont you think people wouldnt be doing them?
Old 10-19-2004, 04:21 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

there are little things that i know are done to these cars that are always unspoken. weather is a major factor and hardly ever spoken for when testing a car out at the track. suspension mods usually listed are tq arm, lcas and subframe connectors..how about k members? a members?? front sway bar removed perhaps? is it full interior? i mean these are all factors that can help you out in dropping your et. if they were not important then dont you think people wouldnt be doing them?
That Black Z28 (similiar camshaft as MS3) we had at the Thunder Shootout last year ran 10.78 with a BMR K-member and BMR Rear Lower Control arms everything else suspension wise was newer stock takeoff parts from SLP. I think the DA was ~1200ft that day. Only major things removed were the front sway bar, AC Compressor/condensor and rear seats/seat belts.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:13 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Also, pretty much any time you read about dyno numbers, they are going to be corrected for the weather and such. That's pretty much a standard for any dyno shop, they all give the graphs out the same, so the numbers make more sense and can help the customer know where they stand.

Congrats Eddie, I bet that's a fun ride!
Old 10-19-2004, 06:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe Jason stated exactly what we did. We did a camshaft swap with the MS3 camshaft, PRC valve spring kit, TSP hardened pushrods, Rollmaster double-roller timing set, LS6 intake manifold, and dyno tune. That is exactly what we did. All runs were on the factory wheels and tires, through the exhaust, etc. It's as he drove it home and how he drives it everyday. We did not do anything magical. We have one customer putting down 414 RWHP with 100% stock heads, another putting down 419 RWHP with 100% stock heads, and results will continue to come in as people get their MS3 cam installed and dynoed. Every vehicle responds a little differently according to what modifications are already in place, so they are not going to put down the same HP and TQ down to the tenth.

As mentioned, our '98 black Z28 that won the Quick Stock class last year at the Southern Shootout put down 410 RWHP with an unlocked torque converter. It ran a 10.98 @ 122 MPH with a 3,450 lb. raceweight in the finals, and then we pulled the ballast weight out and ran a 10.78 @ 124 MPH. Our '02 SS won the Quick Stock class at the Spring Break Shootout earlier this year with 430 RWHP. It ran a 10.94 @ 121.xx MPH with a 3,410 lb. raceweight and DA hovering around 1,700'.

Jason could have mentioned that Eddie had a set of subframe connectors, but we didn't really see the point since that doesn't affect the dyno numbers. We were going to let Eddie chime in with his modifications because he knows them all! I certainly did not ask him to list every mod on his car, but I would think it's safe to assume that a good set of long tube headers are on the car if it's making power this good. I'm not sure how we got into a discussion of testing a car at the track and giving weather conditions in our thread showing dyno results. Dynojet has their "standard" correction factors that take the weather out of the equation. If it helps any, we made the last pull last night at 10:25 p.m. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but feel free to contact me at the number below or at trevor@texas-speed.com if you have any specific questions or concerns. I will be more than happy to help you in any way that I can.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance

Old 10-20-2004, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

First of all i would like to thank the guys at TSP(Joseph, Jason and Trevor) for the work they did and there excellent customer service. My sig. should have my mods but here they are: slp cold air intake, whisper lid, slp smooth bellows, jantzer t.b., ls6 intake manifold, hooker longtube heeders, x-pipe, dual exhaust 3", edelbrock mufflers, slp crank pully. (stock maf & ends) and now MS3.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Veteran

well that is understood that it takes money to go fast, but my point is that there are alot of cars there with hp figures but what is funny is that when u guys run tests on all of these cams there is never a detailed description of what the car has. for example, nothing is rarely mentioned about the weather, humidity, was it hot? cold? at night? weight reductions or anything else done to the suspension.
Here is my graph www.texas-speed.com/caindyno.jpg
Here is a link to some track results: https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-results/216943-summer-h-c-results.html
When I dynoed my car at TSP there were NO dyno tricks done at all. We didn't do any belt mods, tire pressure or any other tricks that some do.
I am still running the stock LS6 intake, other mods besides what my sig says are:
Pacesetter LT headers
Lanes 3" true duals
pulley
TSP lid and Powershot filter
Home made ram air
Bauer ported TB
238/242 .605/.610 112 + 4 TSP MS1 cam
TSP LS6 Race Heads

Suspension:
HAL shocks and Springs up front
cheapy 3-way adjustable CE shocks on the rear
RR air bag
SFC's
non adjustable LCAs
PHR
front sway bar removed

My race weight has been any where from 3340 to 3380, depending on how much gas is in the car and if me or my husband was driving.

Need any more details?
Old 10-21-2004, 03:47 PM
8 Second Club

Will this cam clear with a 2.02 or 2.05 valve with no milling?

Quick Reply: TSP Magic Stick Dyno Results!!!