Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finaly Got Mine !

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finaly Got Mine !

Well ive wanted a F-body for years and last july i found a 1999 camaro z28 auto, red, tan leather, hardtop without traction control so i made a purchase. It had 72000 miles on it and what i like the most was it was a untouch car . No aftermarket exhaust , no free mods , nothing . About a week after i bought it a heard a clicking in the rear end ! I new before got it that the rearend was going to be pulled quick . So i called up moser and placed and order for a 12 bolt with 33 spline ,373 gears, hd eaton 800 lb spring posi ... the works . I got it about a week and a half later installed it and no more clicking !then for a few months i have been a little busy but now Ive Recently bought a clear tsp lid, done a lot of free mods k&n filter ,minor things But ive got the itch for bigger and better things . It will be a street /strip car mostly street ,but Having a hard time deciding like many others out there what head, cam and nitrous converter setup or turbo ?... I should have hptuners later this month and ive never tuned a ls1 or had any tuning if that experience , I constantly read these boards at work and home and have gained a great deal of knowledge about my car now . I just want to say this these boards KICK *** and any help or suggestions you could give me on how to build up my car would be greatly appreciated .
Old 10-20-2004, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I could do it all over again, I'd save my money for the STS Turbo, or ATI Supercharger. But I'd still do LT's, and suspension stuff. The rearend was a good idea on your part. Good Luck.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Good luck learning hp tuners. It not easy if you have no experience in tuning at all. I think the turbo would be the best choice if you want a lot of power. Plus you wont have the problem of always wanting a bigger cam

Good luck with the mods.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's got to be the first time I've seen the rearend be the first mod. Good move though, that's one huge thing you won't have to worry about