Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it to Switch from NA stroker to FI stroker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How hard is it to Switch from NA stroker to FI stroker?

As far as parts that needed to be replaced...

the stroker im getting is a 408 iron block that is going to be setup NA, only reason is the warranty covers only NA for a year. so after a year, i plan on either doing 1 of 3 things:

Supercharge

Turbo

DP of nitrous

from what i hear, since the az weather completely sucks *** here and the gas is even worse during the summer, i dont want to risk blowing the motor and having to rebuild everything after ive already spent all this money.

So, if i decided to set the motor up for either one of those options, what else would i need besides the following:

diff pistons?
how big of injectors(ive got 42lbs right now)?
Can i keep the same AFR heads that are being stage 3 hand ported for my NA setup?

honestly i would love to run a turbo setup, however like i mentioned, i hear the quality of gas here is not that great during the summer( i think they add a lot of ethanol)

what are my options?

P.S. my stroker it being built by FMS
Old 10-20-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Might want to talk to FMS about that. FI and NA are two totally different animals. You may want to talk to them about a piston/head setup that will yeild the power you want NA and then make a head swap when you go FI to drop your compression. Build the bottom end now with FI in mind so you don't have to rework it later. Then there's the cam to think about.

Again, best thing you could do is talk to the guys at FMS and let them know what your intentions for this motor are. They should be able to help you meet you goals.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

You seriously to the crew @ FMS and let them know your plans, they can work that into the motor and you won't have any issues down the road. Since you're going to have the motor running for a full year NA, I'd personally set up the bottom end to be NA, and have the heads be the determining factor for compression. This will enable you to still make the crazy power for the year while you are NA. Its easier to swap heads then pistons, and they retain resale a little better too