Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie...A/C question......

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newbie...A/C question......

Couldn't find where else to ask this, since it basically does not fit in the other categories. So if it gets moved....sorry....

Anyway...After a hard romp on my 2000 WS6, I noticed my A/C started blowing hot. I know the high pressure switch is supposed to cut off the compressor so it doesn't burn it or the belt. It shut off as it should while I was on it, but it never kicked back in. I checked the relay under the hood and the HVAC? fuse in the dash, but everything looks fine. I tried bypassing the HP switch with a pigtail and nothing. The compressor does not come on at all? What do I check next? Is there another relay or fuse I'm missing?
Old 10-20-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

maybe the belt broke that drives the A/C?
Old 10-20-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

wello if the compressor does not coem on at all maibe you need a new compresor. if the air stoped blowing cold air all of a sudden then probably the comp kicked and the fan just kept on going blowing in hot air. you do live in texas so outside air should be pretty hot.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

It's not the belt, that's also one of the things I looked at. I guess I'll have an A/C shop put some gauges on it. Maybe it just needs some freon. Thanks for the help guys...
Old 10-20-2004, 04:30 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did a little 6k rpm run in my car one day w/ the a/c on (i forgot), fried my compressor. it would kick on, just made helluva lot of noise, and cooled less and less. i had to replace it. my new compressor has a screwed up clutch and sometimes it doesnt kick on when it should. sometimes i have to turn the a/c on and rev it a little to make it kick on. try this and see if it works.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i did a little 6k rpm run in my car one day w/ the a/c on (i forgot), fried my compressor. it would kick on, just made helluva lot of noise, and cooled less and less. i had to replace it. my new compressor has a screwed up clutch and sometimes it doesnt kick on when it should. sometimes i have to turn the a/c on and rev it a little to make it kick on. try this and see if it works.
I think you have hit the nail on the head

My compressor was also making a hell of a grinding noise sometimes. Guess it finally went out....
Old 10-21-2004, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Just wondering how or why that would fry the compressor? I always leave mine on since it turns itself off.. Maybe I should stop.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

what happened to my A/C pulley after the belt broke
Attached Thumbnails Newbie...A/C question......-imgp0062.jpg  
Old 10-25-2004, 12:21 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Just wondering how or why that would fry the compressor? I always leave mine on since it turns itself off.. Maybe I should stop.
well if somehow it DOESNT turn itself off, you might be in a world of ****.

i dont do any rhomps with the windows up, much less the a/c on. easier to hear that roar