Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS3 ?? again srry.

Old 10-20-2004, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS3 ?? again srry.

ok everyday i think of somthign else to ask about this cam.

1.well at school this morn i bring this cam up, well everyone is like"so your going to turn it into a track car". well is this cam to much for a daily driver untill i get my 2ndary car?

2.i dont see many people with this cam on here, why??

3.one of my friends said it was going to tick. so i think the ticking means it sounds badass, or is this a really bad thing?

4. i was asked whats the RPM range with this cam?

5. i have superchips programed in my comp, after geting tuned from cam, will this mess anything up, i called superchips and they said not to stack????

Help plz. skeeter
Old 10-20-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

dude you spelled houston wrong in your location. wtf mate.

this cam is big. its goin to need a custom tune. which means they will probably take your computer back to stock, and start tuning from there. they won't want to **** with your superchips bullshit. the rpm range? its up there...check the website. its like 3500-6700 or something. you'll have to spin your motor pretty high to get everything out of this cam. this is truely a max effort cam, so if your car is your daily driver, and you aren't going for a badass street monster thats tempermental sometimes....go for a smaller cam.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

so your saying that this cam is no good for a daily driver, i will prob stop after the cam and i thought by going big with this i wouldnt have to do anything else and get that 400hp that i wanted.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call TSP. They can help you figure out what cam is right for you. I would look into the tsp 228/228, tsp torquer, or the tsp 231/237. All of these cams have potential to hit 400 on stock heads with a much better midrange. I told them my car is 99% street and they recommended the torquer. So far, I love it. It's by no means a small cam at 233/233 .589 112, but with a good tune its very driveable.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

All depends on how much you can put up with on the street. To one person a cam is not even close to being daily driveable, to others its not that noticeable. Some people drive my car and say they wouldnt want such a big cam for the street but it doesnt bother me at all. Here's my advice. If you really think you can handle it, try it out. Worst case you hate it, then all you have to do is pull it back out and swap for another cam, springs will be good to go. Sell the old cam and youre only out $100 or so.

Search this Thread